ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight cluster making a whirring sound??!!

kjf

RSC172 ph2
Hey guys,

Was detailing interior today, turned the ignition on a little to get power to my headunit (aftermarket) and I could hear something whirring (like a printer starting up pretty much).

Was weird, so I get out of my car exclaiming my hatred of the french :)rasp:) and narrow it down to my headlight cluster.
I was recently in a crash and had to replace it on my 2002 172. At the time the only cluster I could manage to find for a reasonable price was a 182 cluster. This was about a year ago..but still, might have something to do with it.

I also had my car on a hoist the other day to weld up some holes in my zorst, and as such I disconnected the battery. I think it's after this that my headlight has started making this sound, although I only noticed it today.

So, here's my idea of what it might be;

I have a feeling that the 182 had auto/motorized headlight correction? Perhaps it's this motor/mechanism that's now playing up?

Is there any schematics of the headlight cluster online?

Any help greatly appreciated. As the sound resembles that of a printer, and I hate printers, I'd like to get this sorted out ASAP. I don't think it's posing any threat on other electronic components, though.

Cheers,
kjf

Sounds like the motorized headlight adjuster. On my clio, there's a little dial on the right hand side of the steering wheel, that adjusts the height, what happens if you adjust that?

They all do it (clio with xennons). Its the self leveling thing doing its thing. Where you on a slope?