ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

headlamp - can this be fixed?

A.N. Other
Found a broken adjustment clip inside the driver's side headlamp, the reflector is loose & moving around and the beam pattern is low.

Does anyone know if they can be bought separately or successfully repaired? I was thinking araldite, or some repair putty. Only problem using the putty might be adjustment later.

DSCN0280.gif

Megane dci 130
All my xenons are like this. (I did get them for £70!) You can secure it with cable ties and glue but it's abit of a bodge!

02 Clio 172
Do the headlights have motorised adjusters or manual? Is this where they have snapped? If so replacements can be bought 2nd hand and are a fairly easy replacement

A.N. Other
Tried pulling the clip out of the ball&socket so I could glue it back together but it just broke apart as I pulled it out - grrreat!
It's broken into too many pieces to put back together now :mad:

This clip is for a manual adjustment on the RHS of the driver's lamp.

Clio 182
How easy, is it to take the headlights out?, i know its a bit off topic, but i wanted to change the dip beam bulbs!

A.N. Other
You can buy them on eBay 2nd hand, mine failed it's test as they were both broken

Just tried, and there aren't any on there. Just hoping I can botch something together from the bits that were left + repair putty.

Regarding removing the units, there is a guide in the Tech Guides section, just have to remove the bumper which apparently is fairly easy.