ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

header tank replacement

whats the deal with this then? they look like all they require is undoing the bolt and then the tubes connected to it. but presumably i would need to drain it first, then refill it etc?

how much work is involved? would like to replace my gay plastic greenish one with this;

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=378

for FCS "showability" ;)

cheers

jamie

Unbolt your old one
Undo the top pipe and put out the way
Turn your bottle upside down or as best as you can so none leaks out then undo the bottom pipe remove your old one and put your new one in place attach the bottom pipe to it and the top one and then either reuse the fluid from your old coolent tank or use new stuff.

hah, sam when i saw that you had posted i thought you were gonna ask to buy my old one lol

cheers dave :)

jamie

yeah;

DSC00325.gif

jamie

lol at bling, its a 1.2 so i have to make do with all show and no go for the mo

wow poet

i check my engine bay etc each wknd when i clean it fella, so knowing how much is in it isnt a prob for me.

jamie

^^^i dont clean my engine bay each wk lol meant i check the engine bay, when i clean the rest of the car.

not quite that bad :S

jamie

Clio 172 Cup
once done and refilled run your car so that the fan cuts in and the car doesn't over heat, just in case the system has gained some air bubbles, which will cause over heating.

you can still do the same checks as a clear bottle, just open the cap (when cold) every two weeks to see if there is any water in it.

if you were losing water you'd soon know about it. as it is a closed system you would not lose water through evaporation, only through leaks, which would make your engine over heat quickly and put some red lights on the dash.

once done and refilled run your car so that the fan cuts in and the car doesn't over heat, just in case the system has gained some air bubbles, which will cause over heating.

No need to do that on this though no way air can get in the system if you don't let the lower pipe drop out the way.