ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head unit wiring.

ph1-172
hi,

I've got a ph1 172 and the cd player doesn't work, I've checked the earth which is fine and the fuse seems to be ok 15A, is that right? is there only 1 fuse to the head unit?

When messing with a multi meter, I got voltage from the yellow constant live, but not the ignition red terminal (the ignition was on lol). The fuse reads at about 11.92volts but where does it go from there, the constant (yellow) or the ignition (red) wire?

If the red ignition wire is un fused, in theory i could just splice into the wires from the ignition swith and run it straight to the headunit wiring. or am I being a mongo

nice one for any information.
Gareth

SQ5
If I remember rightly, I had this problem before.

See if your interior light fuse is blown too.

It might of been a Clio or not, but it definitely happened to me before!

1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
Now I'm no expert, but I really don't like the sound of splicing ignition wires. Sounds like it could go tits up very very quickly.

ph1-172
Nice one for the replies will have a look at the interior light fuse some time tomorrow. I don't have an interior light due to cage so hopefully its not connected.

Will most likely be a fuse. As said could be on a different circuit.

If not you could just splice an ignition feed off the cigarette lighter. Easier to get to. On Newer 172/182's anyway.

ph1-172
I would do that but during it's winter rebuild last year I removed all excessive wiring but now feel a cd player would make my journey to work slightly better.

Off tomorrow so will have a potch around think the earth is a bit dodgey from when interior was re sprayed.