ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hazards meant to flash when locking/unlocking car?

Titanium 182
I had a problem that my alarm would go off for a second or two when unlocking the car. Fixed it by changing a naughty LED interior bulb back to standard bulb

Now the alarm no longer goes off
When I lock the car there is one beep which lasts a second and the hazards flash 5 times

When I unlock the car there is the same beep which lasts a second then the hazards flash 2 times

Is this beep normal when its arming/disarming the system?
Also cant find anything anywhere on the hazards flashing if anyone knows if this is normal

Im happy with it the way it is now but Id like to know if it still has some kind of fault. Anyone elses do this?

Ibiza FR
Mines a non sport so no alarm, but hazards flash once when unlocking and twice when locking, hope that helps.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
beep is not normal, means that a door, bonnet or boot has been left open.

i would suggest checking all the pressure sensors on boot bonnet and doors.

E

ps. hazards ares normal should only flash once on opening and twice on locking

Last edited:
  172 Ph1, 1972 Mini 1
I have a Ph1 172 and when locking and unlocking the lights dont flash at all! Is this normal on earlier models?

172 Ph1, 1972 Mini 1
Cheers, god knows whats going on with mine then, it all locks fine and can hear it working so im not bothered i just thought the lights should flash.

PH1 172
Check your pressure switches as mentioned above

I have a Ph1 172 and when locking and unlocking the lights dont flash at all! Is this normal on earlier models?

They should all flash once for unlocking and twice for locking.

Mk2 Clio 1.6
mine flash once for unlocking and twice for locking. beeps once for unlocking and twice for unlocking aswell - but thats an aftermarket alarm as ive got a non sport

Titanium 182
narrowed it down to the bonnet sensor. I can have the bonnet open and it makes the same sound. Though cant find it for the life of me

Anyone got any pics of where it is. Or can tell me at least where to look
Thanks

PH1 172
narrowed it down to the bonnet sensor. I can have the bonnet open and it makes the same sound. Though cant find it for the life of me

Anyone got any pics of where it is. Or can tell me at least where to look
Thanks

It's a little black pressure switch, same as the ones you see on your doors. It should be located near where the bonnet catch is. Look either side of the catch through the sqaure hole in the plastic. Hope that helps.