ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hazard Switch panel removal

Iceberg 172
So my hazard switch is knackered.....takes ages to turn 'em off. Have a replacement switch and I've got as far as levering the panel away from the facia but, whilst it comes away freely at the glovebox end (door lock switch), it won't pull out on the steering wheel side. It's free from the clips, but feels as if the wire to the rear demister switch isn't long enough to allow it to come any further forward. And I don't want to force it....

Any ideas? Can't even get my fingers through the gap at the mo...

Mk2 Clio dci
The wires on the buttons arent that long. Sometimes its best to slide the radio out. if you can get something behind the button though, it'll just pop out. Then you can disconnect it.

The wires on the buttons arent that long. Sometimes its best to slide the radio out. if you can get something behind the button though, it'll just pop out. Then you can disconnect it.

Aye, take the radio out and it will fall out with it ;)

BMW F21 125d
In reverse, I had to take my hazard panel out to get my stereo in, it helped me position all the damn pre-outs!

Iceberg 172
Do you need a special tool to get the stereo out?

Alternatively, am I likely to cause any problems by just pulling the hazard panel and disconnecting the other two switches?

Haven't got enough space to get behind the hazard switch, but might be able to disconnect the door lock switch first....