ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Having problems fitting Ferodo DS2500 & Brembo HC disk

Clio 182
Hi guys, first time poster here :) I've recently bought a Clio Trophy which I'm treating to a new set of disk and pads. The OE ones were very worn and the disk has not worn evenly on the inside disk face.

I have to admit it's been a long time since I've done my own disk and pad work but I've got the old disk and pads off ok. I'm working is -3 conditions by head torch due to time constraints and kind of wishing I'd just dropped it at my local garage :mad:

I'm trying to get the Ferodo DS2500 disks into the carrier but it's just too tight. Visually it looks very similar to the renault pad that came off but it just wont go in. The pad slider plate is pretty clean but I think the pads are just manufactured too large to fit. Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm guessing I just need to file it down a bit until it fits. Should it be loose so when there is heat in and expansion it's still got room to move?

The car is only a weekend car so it's not the end of the world if I can't fix it quickly but it's very annoying.

Any ideas?

Lotus Elise
when fitting ds25000s, remove the metal shims and file the edges of the pads down so you have a few mm of vertical movement.