ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Having a think...

Arctic 182 & PB 172
When i went into Checkpoint here in Aberdeen yesterday to pick up my K and N replacement panel filter (which ive noticed a difference with) the guy said that I should seriously think about getting a Milltek exhaust on there.

I was always thinking of getting one on my suzuki swift sport before i traded that in but never did.

He said that Milltek are the only company that develop their exhausts on a rolling road as opposed to scorpion and janspeed who do not.

He said it doesnt make it sound too noisy and boy racerish which is something i do want to avoid...just gives it a bit more grunt?

Any thoughts?

he quoted £500 for the system and fitting.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Think they are a little cheaper than that are they not.

They are good exhausts without the noise or boom from others i'm a big fan. PM Christopher he has a full exhaust.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You're welcome, some people say the standard of welds isn't great but they come with a gaurantee for that reason.

I'd recommend them.

Titanium 182
I love my milltek, welds have been fine for 2yrs but always blows at the center section joint. Once its settled in though sounds quality, nice n deep

106 GTI
Wouldnt say power felt any different with the full system fitted

I did like the noise of it though, but that was with the centre section cut out

200 Gordini
Love my Milltek, I have the centre silencer removed with a modified cat and it does rev a little bit more freely.

The sound is PERFECT! I have had the welds at the back box blow once though.

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Do it, I've had mine for 20kish, first one the welds on the backbox cracked but they sent me a new backbox for free after jut one phone call, apparently they had a dodgy batch.
It won't be loud unless you have a decat obviously, a decent remap aswell will transform the car, don't worry about figures just how it goes!:cool:

320d
Milltek would be my choice if I was to get a 182. Same spec Christopher runs with the removed centre silencer and decat. Sounds perfect imo.

Mk4 .:R32
My milltek for my .:R was cheaper than that (circa £420 inc fitting)! That was a non-resonated system though!

Dynamique Flamer
I love Miltek I know someone with one on their 182 just the right amount of noise and not headache worthy. Also someone has one on their Fiesta which sounds good too :)