ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Have I done something wrong?

Oyster Card
Okay my current setup is all working correctly, I remove all the wires from my old amp and plug them in correctly to my new amp...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KENWOOD-KAC-6...718299754QQcategoryZ18796QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I can't get it wrong as theres what, two speaker wires going from amp to sub one of plus one on -, a remote lead, ground, power and phonos.

Okay now I try and get some bass out of my sub hooked up to my new amp and if I turn it above 15 it just cuts out on deep bass notes, not just the sub and whole music system in the car.
Now my current amp I can take to 37 out of 50 volume with good bass which shakes the hair on your head.

But this new amp which is better than my old one is crap?

Surely I can't have set it up wrong, I've even tried turning the gain down and the filter is off so just for bass, even with it on I get treble but it still cuts out.

Skoda Fabia vRS
have you disturbed the ground at all ?

try redoing it, most amp problems i see are caused by the earth, it needs to be spot on

Oyster Card
Yep all present and correct rewired it three times cant for the life of me figure out whats wrong.

I might be talking crap I dont know but are some amps just not made for running subs , ie only good for speakers?

muz

big fat japanese bus
explain futrther what you mean by the bass just cuts out? You can't hear it or the sub is not working?

Could be a problem with the amp....

Punto/Clio GTT
ide put money on it being 1 simple thing.

ebay.

people sell broken s**t on ebay dude. ive had speakers that were blew, an headunit that was american n all sorts of s**t, ebay, its w**k, dont buy f**k all off there ever. always buy from a retailer where you can send it back to

Ziel Nurburgring
Really deep notes at high volume are going to draw a lot of power. Is it triping into a safe mode as your battery cant supply whats it needs?

Oyster Card
Brand new not from ebay either - that link was an example.
It was sealed when I opened it.

When the sub trys to drop deep bass it just cuts out same with the audio now I'm really not that clued up on ice but I thought if it was tripping in safe mode the speakers which are not amped wouldn't cut out too?

My current amp runs it fine. I cannot get half the power from this kenwood amp as i can from my jbl.

muz

big fat japanese bus
the amp should be 300 watt bridged, you are bridging the amp right? 300 RMS is plenty for a single sub, it should be pumping.

Oyster Card
Yep tried it bridged and single channel both the same.

Had another go tonight even I can't wire up an amp wrong.

Polo + Micra
you know you said you turned it right down and filter off?

just checking that the gain was turned to the highest voltage and the filter should be set to lpf

muz

big fat japanese bus
take a photo of the wiring I am kinda stumped. Nothing you do on the amp should affectthe H/U output - maybe the H/U is fecked?