ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Have I bought a dog of a 182?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
just read 7 pages thinking this was going to be interesting.............

182 FF
Nope, not interesting at all.
To summarize the last 7 pages....
i just bought a 182.
Oil warning flashing on dash. Have I bought a dog?
'Check the oil level' they cried.
Thus, late at night, armed with a torch I did just that.
Level was loooow.
Topped it up the next day to the upper mark of the dipstick (1.5 litres)
Kept checking ever since. All seems well.
Tame mechanic looking over it in a few days just to make sure
The end.

RB 182 FF
I love this forum when people like to waste their time and effort taking the pish instead of trying to help..... Incredibly useful that........... Glad the car seems ok Muckyman, enjoy the pleasures of a 182, great cars! :D

182 FF
Glad its all OK now! Have fun with it.
Getting there. Remember that air-con that 'worked but not quite as cold as it could be'?
Lol, not exactly. Not a drop of gas in it. Got it re-done today and all frosty now.
A few other things to sort then it should be all ok (just the horn, front fogs, exhaust knocking and rear hatch lock to sort. Got the lock bit from Renault today with a bit of club discount too)
:)

I think we've all been nervous about cars we have bought especially when we were very young and inexperienced. I used to be terrible about worrying about every knock and rattle lol.

182 FF
Lol, I'm far from being very young.
Anyway, car all sorted now.
No oil leak.
Air con regassed.
Boot lock mechanism changed.
Horn & front fogs working.
Time for fun

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
just read 7 pages thinking this was going to be interesting.............

Same. Thread title + 7 pages and I thought we had a blown engine thread. Not that I would wish it upon anyone. I always found the computer oil level to be pretty accurate on my 172 Cup. This has reminded me to check the oil in my car tomorrow, every S2k owner seems to be extremely paranoid about that.