ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has My Luck Run Out With Insurance Quotes?

03 Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
Evening guys,

Getting quite worried tbh about my insurance quotes.
Current paying £990 with Asda [under written by NUDirect] on my 2003 Dynamique 1.6, thats a fully comp 12 month policy which includes 1years NCB.

After doing some quotes for a 182 earlier in the week, which came to around 4k, which was much to my surprise tbh, I decided this couldn't be right and wanted to check in case something weird was going on.

I did a quote on the asda site, the very same way I gained my current premium almost 9 months ago, and did the new quote as though I had 2years NCB which is what I’m aiming for obviously for the renewal date.
The best they could do for me on the same car was £2280.00... Exactly the same policy, only difference being an increased 1 years NCB at what hopefully will be 2 :(:nono::dapprove:

Whaa teh fook is going on?
I did a quote on an 2.0 Diesel ZR on a completely different site, think it was a broad search engine such as confused.com and that was a bit more reasonable at just over £1400, but even then, I'd expect quotes to follow some kind of pattern.

Very strange. What could cause a non trend like this?
Do Asda know something I don't :S?
You have to declare speeding fines/claims don't you so it's not as though I've been clocked and not got the fine yet?

Or is it the same old story that phone quotes are the only realistic ones...?
Can anyone reassure me? ;)

Cheers,

Pete.

MK1 Clio Versailles
Don't bother with Confused.com, I do it indivdually, Confused only gives me a rough rough guide, because some of the information submitted is different on some insurance sites.

Try Quinn Direct though if your youngish!

Milltek'd 182
only real way of getting the best deal is phoning every insurance company in the sticky thread on here! Bell.co.uk were good for me. add 2 old named drivers and ~£350 comes off the policy! ;)

HBB

G81 M3 Touring & A35
Its all the hoodie wearing gangs forcing young peoples premiums up!

And the increasing number of uninsured drivers forcing everyones up.

TBH I've waited for my drop at 5yrs NCB and then at 25 but neither happened. The only way you get good quotes now is reaching 35. (Therefore you have learnt to drive at night etc.)

03 Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
I'm not really talking about quotes in general, I meant more specifically why a quote for a premium I’m currently using is more than the active one itself?
Has anyone suffered this too?

Doesn't make logical sense to me, I don't see why I would or should pay £1300 more for a premium when the only change is a years more experience and year of no claims added, does anyone follow me?

Unless quotes have generally gone up that much, which I'd find hard to believe?

Thanks,

Pete.