ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has it the cup option??! RS 200

RS Clio 200 Full Fat
Hi there
Ive put a deposit down on a high specc'd clio RS 200.
It has full leather, climate, cruise, Bluetooth, G meter, carbon pack inside and spoiler.

However, it also says it has the Cup chassis which is a must for me. It has Silver callipers (Brembo) and everywhere I'm reading on this site says the callipers have to be RED to indicate Cup package???
I've rang Renault and had confusing responses.
Can anyone please help?
many thanks....I'll attach some pics asap

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
As above. Cup chassis cars have red brembos mate.

Either way, sounds like you have a decent car.

RS Clio 200 Full Fat
Hi
Many thanks for the quick replies...the wheels are the anthracite versions - see below...
The car was highly spec'd by the original purchaser, so is it not possible, he said that he didn't want red calipers when he pre-ordered the car?
Ive asked Renault to prove it and send me a full spec sheet.

media?id=2623c5e78d5f4792ced86fbeb9c8c17b&width=640&height=480.gif

media?id=ee903846329e7817b5982c1576603eeb&width=640&height=480.gif

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Looks lovely mate. Only thing letting it down is the brake disc bells aren't painted. Hate to see them rusty :(

Welcome to the forum.

In my mind you've got a well specced 200 without the cup suspension.

Probably gives you more options to put on good aftermarket suspension.

RS Clio 200 Full Fat
well ill be asking for my deposit back if its been falsely advertised. The chassis number will determine it for sure as it will list all options....waiting for Renault to get back to me
Thanks for the replies

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Almost guaranteed that does not have the cup suspension pack.

Fitting a set of anthracite wheels (or even painting the silver non-Cup ones anthracite) to a non-Cup car would have been easy for the original owner.

Swapping Cup-spec red calipers all round to silver ones? Would have been a very expensive ball-ache.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Don't understand why the owner wouldn't have wanted the red brembos... The non painted ones look terrible after a while.

Sounds like salesman BS.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi there
Ive put a deposit down on a high specc'd clio RS 200.
It has full leather, climate, cruise, Bluetooth, G meter, carbon pack inside and spoiler.

However, it also says it has the Cup chassis which is a must for me. It has Silver callipers (Brembo) and everywhere I'm reading on this site says the callipers have to be RED to indicate Cup package???
I've rang Renault and had confusing responses.
Can anyone please help?
many thanks....I'll attach some pics asap

Hi Matt if it had a cup chassis it would have red calipers and would feel bumpy when you drive it but all is not lost my mrs went around Snetterton in her 197 and it was fine believe me. The roads are so bumpy anyway that the standard setup is good i think.

BLACKCLIO_zps9f390045.jpg

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
If you're 100% set on this car and 100% set on the cup chassis. Haggle them down on the price and then fit cup springs and dampers yourself. Apparently it's a straight swap.

Ill see if I can see the colour codes on my springs tonight (I think it's orange and blue) that shows it has the cup suspension

got any interior pics? That car doesn't look highly specced to me, no cup chassis and no recaros.

theres an amazing 200 for sale on here ly with every option and very nice aftermarket bits

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think the fact it hasn't got cup packs is a reason to not buy this car. Depending on it's condition and price etc.

Could easily have the caliper painted.

RS Clio 200 Full Fat
thanks guys....waiting on Renault but it seems you're all right . Ive been sent the original invoice and there's no record. Fortunately the dealer will refund my deposit as it was advertised incorrectly.
It was a good job I joined this forum as it would have been a waste of a 200 mile round trip to pick it up.

Gutted because the spec was right apart from the Cup:dapprove::

Full leather (not preferred Recaros but a good compromise)
Folding mirrors
Bluetooth
GT spoiler
Monitor Pack
Carbon interior
Cornering Lights
and
Full R SH

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
thanks guys....waiting on Renault but it seems you're all right . Ive been sent the original invoice and there's no record. Fortunately the dealer will refund my deposit as it was advertised incorrectly.
It was a good job I joined this forum as it would have been a waste of a 200 mile round trip to pick it up.

Gutted because the spec was right apart from the Cup:dapprove::

Full leather (not preferred Recaros but a good compromise)
Folding mirrors
Bluetooth
GT spoiler
Monitor Pack
Carbon interior
Cornering Lights
and
Full R SH

What kind of money you looking at spending? Just in case anyone on here is getting rid/knows someone who is....

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I would amend your search to have RECAROS- don't take the leather as its just the standard square seats -

avoid GT spoiler- looks rubbish.
Speedlines & Cup chassis are a must.

Try & get the pleated recaros in leather- uber rare.

Check the gearbox & steering rack.

RS Clio 200 Full Fat
I would amend your search to have RECAROS- don't take the leather as its just the standard square seats -

avoid GT spoiler- looks rubbish.
Speedlines & Cup chassis are a must.

Try & get the pleated recaros in leather- uber rare.

Check the gearbox & steering rack.

Many thanks for your advice, I will start the hard search again!

RS Clio 200 Full Fat
hi again
Apologies I realise this may have been answered already - im still learning about these models...

When did the RSport badge on the rear change from the Renault Sport Badge? - much prefer this new style.
Guess the upgrade badge came with the small RS front grille badge too?

Thanks

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
They changed for the 10 plates I believe, they recieved a very slight facelift with the badges and something else in the car was changed too, what it was escapes me though.

My 59 plate had "Renault Sport" on the back, but I have changed for the RS badge. The earlier 200's don't have the fixings for the front badge, I tried, it fell out and I drove over it. Fail.

Suzuki Jimny
When did the RSport badge on the rear change from the Renault Sport Badge? - much prefer this new style.
Guess the upgrade badge came with the small RS front grille badge too?

Thanks

The rear badge can be changed easliy enough, around £25 last I looked :)