ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone had a remap on a standard 197?

Black 197
Has anyone had a remap done on a standard 197? If so did you have a before and after rr test? what are the bhp and torque gains, and what does it drive like after the remap. I have searched the threads, I have seen Paul Murray is the guy to do it, just wanting an honest un biased answer. Ta

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Direct before and after to show the gains.
197graph.jpg

Black 197
Paul was that on a standard car.....forgive me im not used to examining the graphs but has the torque been increased low down and by how much? Did it seem to reduce the hesitance of the engine at all if the owner experienced any? and is it best to run on 97/98 as the filler cap says 95 and 98..... thanks

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Its at low revs when you can really tell the re-map.

Look at the graph, standard at 2400 rpm gives around 105 lb/ft yet the re-map gives 127 lb/ft!

Thats over 20% increase!!!!

Believe me I had my 172 mapped there, its a big difference low down.

PS, Paul, you've still not Pm'd me with a price for tweaking my map for BenR's inlet work?

James

Black 197
I think I understand it now,it makes about 6bhp difference accross the rev range and torque is up a lot low down. Can you tell me then how its affected the way it drives, gear changes fuel economy etc? As im only considering this and an air filter plus higher octane fuel thanks

clio 197
the car drives great now.
it pulls so much better right from the word go all the way up the revs and through ever gear.
it has helped get rid of the flat spot low down.
and helped to get rid of the need to gear change quite so often as it now starts to pull as soon as you put your foot down without having to change down a gear or two.
the car wasnt completely standard it has a ITG panel filter.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I think I understand it now,it makes about 6bhp difference accross the rev range and torque is up a lot low down. Can you tell me then how its affected the way it drives, gear changes fuel economy etc? As im only considering this and an air filter plus higher octane fuel thanks

Always manage over 40mpg, always run V-power or BP Ultimate. Economy if anything is better, even when thrashing it:quiet:

Go for the ITG panel filter, about £45.

Black 197
Ive just seen your log in name and location as sheffield. I know this shouldmprob be in spotted, but a couple of weeks after I got mine I was near crystal peaks and saw that reg on a blue 197 with different exhaust. That you then?

clio 197
Ive just seen your log in name and location as sheffield. I know this shouldmprob be in spotted, but a couple of weeks after I got mine I was near crystal peaks and saw that reg on a blue 197 with different exhaust. That you then?

thats me mate.was a custom exhaust but has now been removed in favour of full milltek with decat pipe. for now it has standard exhaust back on with some tips welded to it. milltek is is going on next weekend along with the decat and a new remap.