ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harness mounting - what bolts/spreader plates.

182 - F56 MCS
Having a 6 point harness fitted at the same point as my bucket seat and cage and wondered where/what eyelets and spreader plates everyone uses. Links are handy.
I've tried eBay but dubious of quality and tensile ratings!

Cheers.

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
demon tweeks. thats where i got my plates from. my eyebolts came with my harness. 7/16 unf i think the bolts are

Clio 182
Travis Perkins do the square plates without the nut tacked on ... There pennies chap, that's what I've done with no issues

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I think I'm being a total pen 15 but how do you actually go about mounting the harness'. I'm looking at getting some 4 points for my car which is going to have a cage in the back with harness bar. Two questions.

Do all harness' have the ability to mount to a harness bar and if they do what extra bits do I need to do that.
Where do the lap belts mount to?

Once I get my head around this and see an example I'm sure it'll be fine :) just don't want to risk doing it wrong for obvious reasons.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
@M.C.. Cheers matey. I watched that video yesterday but didn't realise you could remove the buckles. Never lay my mits on a harness before.

The plats just go on the otherside of the hole or do you have to weld them on?

ps; where did you get that huge Renault Sport sticker on the back window of your car?

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
The plates just fit on the underside of the floor and pulled tight with the eyebolt, put a bit of silicone on it though to stop water getting in.
Got the sticker off eBay, found someone who was selling a small one in the correct font and asked them to make a big one

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Has anyone got any pictures of the fixing their lap belts are mounted too? Want to start on this soon :) if you're cars been through scrutineering then that's a bonus :)

Not all harnesses will wrap around a cage bar. Ensure you buy ones that will if that's what you intend to do.

I've only got a harness bar on the drivers side of the cage, so added a clip buckle to the harness by threading it though - I had that option.

Plate wise, I bought mine from JJC as they were the cheapest I could find. Get the seats in and decide on your positioning before you start drilling holes where you initially think you want them.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
@ilovewilly The ones I have seem to be able to wrap around the bar okay. I just removed the 3 bar slider and did a test wrap. Will get the correct slider bars and then pop them in. Having seen a couple of different fits of the lap belts I'll get the seats in, position them up and only then get drilling.

3774B0D7-C6A6-4C79-9A96-31AAAC7234E2_zpsqkuiedko.jpg