ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handling Upgrade

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
I've got a largely standard 182 that I use for track days and the odd b-road blast. It's also used to commute when my old diesel barge is broken. In the new year I want to get a few things fitted for next season. My shopping list is as follows:

Second hand H&R's (already purchased, require rebuilding).
Pro Race 1.2 15" alloys
Toyo R888's
Possibly Whiteline or other aftermarket ARB.

Firstly, I've read that rather than bother getting the rears on the H&R's rebuilt, I should go for something else, like Konis. Opinions?

Wheels....I understand the 182 Cup has an ET45 offset. I can get Pro Race 1.2's in ET45, but should I move to a lower offset to widen the track? Could I get away with an ET40? I plan to get the H&R's properly setup (Fred, do check your emails ;)). I'm not bothered about getting it lowered for show but no doubt it will be lowered when setup.

Does anyone know the weight difference between a standard wheel and a 15" Pro Race? I suspect it will be fairly significant.

The R888's come in 195 and 205 sizes. Will the 205 be ok, given a lower offset and lower suspension? Quick sums in my head....an ET40 wheel with 195 tyres would equal an ET45 wheel with 205 tyres?

Cheers guys.

DCi 100
Firstly, Fred did an AMAZING job at setting up my coilovers. Getting to him is a 100% must!

You seem to be way over thinking things other wise lol. Offset isn't a major factor unless you go super low. There's tons of 182's rolling around on OZ Ultraleg's etc which are 37. I'm sure 2118's are fairly low down the scale aswell, and alot of people like JMS/Burp speed wack on massive spacers aswell to go even wider track.

Going from 16 inch wheels to 15's will help, and yes standard wheels weigh a ton.

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
Thanks dude, I just want to make sure before I part with a sizeable chunk of money. I'll maybe pick up the phone and speak to Fred.....unless he wants to comment here ;)