ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handbrake cables

Black 182 FF
My driverside handbrake cable has just snapped, last done it about 8 years ago. Back then everyone said just stick to Renault as anywhere else never seemed to supply the right size. I see now though that Eurocarparts sell Pagid ones and only have one listed for left and one for right for my 182.

I'm going to buy both rear anyway (left side last changed in 2011) Has anyone had any experience with these from ECP and are Pagid an OE supplier to Renault for handbrakes?

Black 182 FF
Cheers. I was about to go digging in old threads but thought I'd ask first. I'll chase up RPD then as that doesn't seem to bad.

dan's cast offs.
pagid ones used to fit BUT euro bought the name so you get any old shite in a pagid bag now. i had about 15 all in all and none of them fitted!!

first line fit ok.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
When I called they seemed to think 172 and 182 were different, but they aren't (172 is like £40 per side). They are the correct ones mate.

dan's cast offs.
early phase 1 are different. euro will list the correct part BUT then they turn up they aren't colour coded and will be to short. doubt they've sorted the c**k up by now??

Black 182 FF
Done :up:

Can't believe how smooth that went. Took dead on two hours start to finish. Actually impressed with myself as these days I have little or no motivation to be rolling around under a car propped up on axle stands, especially with the car parked on a semi-busy road.