ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hand car wash or Professional 'detail' ?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Just spotted this on Twitter, who needs a £5000.00 detail when you can have this.....

y2eha5ez.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
And they'll power wash off all the soap and there's no roof on the car.

TFR stained leather anyone??

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
He's clearly rich from being a tight b*****d all his life.

I guarantee he kept the penny change too

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Owner stands there admiring there work muttering "mmm bend over and get in behind those spokes real good boy" as dualing banjos plays from the radio

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Just a murcielago. Do you think he borrowed it from his pimp and had to get it cleaned before returning it?

Our local hand car wash on a sunny sunday can see anything from lambo's and ferraris , astons and porsches to Range rovers and the more mundane , they do a very good job and are very careful rinsing mits etc ......

however they charge 7.99 for the outside with windows cleaned , or 14.99 for inside and out they are all eastern european and have a good local reputation .....

my volvo before it had its new car detail and protect last week from All that Gleams prior to our alps trip had covered 3.5k miles and been through that car wash every week since the 19th of jan , and tom commented on how there were no scratches etc , and that they are a decent hand car wash .......

they were a bit purplexed when i used to take the 7 through with full cage and no screen after a track day , but they did a decent job of removing all the rubber marks and grime ....... i mean as long as they didn't jet wash the clock on the dash everything else was carbon so water really didn't matter !!

Honda & VW
To start I thought the plate said 'WAX IT' which would have been quite ironic

Thing is he'll use the local car wash gang a dozen times before looking at his car one day and thinking "why doesn't it shine like it used to", then pay several hundred pounds to rectify this. Then go back to using the Europeans.

Last edited:
To start I thought the plate said 'WAX IT' which would have been quite ironic

Thing is he'll use the local car wash gang a dozen times before looking at his car one day and thinking "why doesn't it shine like it used to", then pay several hundred pounds to rectify this. Then go back to using the Europeans.

Not all eastern european washes are bad

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Hes probly the c**t that owns/runs the car wash and another 50 as well !!!

Suzuki Jimny
He's cleaned right down by the arches and looks to be moving back up again. Swirl central :(

RB Clio 182
To me this looks like the guy thats at the rear of the car is watching the lad at the front of the car tossing his bobbys helmet over the alloys with the owner of the car trying not to look in disbelief!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I disagree.

From a detailers point of view, you're correct.

However, 80% of the population wouldn't be able to tell the difference over time id imagine.

By that I mean that they wouldn't be able to see their paint getting royally fucked bit by bit every time they go!

From a detailers point of view, you're correct.

However, 80% of the population wouldn't be able to tell the difference over time id imagine.

By that I mean that they wouldn't be able to see their paint getting royally fucked bit by bit every time they go!

I agree.

Focus
In fairness when your rich normally you can't be bothered to wash your car (I know I wouldn't be). I wouldn't put it through a car wash or a jet wash, so I'd likely just take it to the lithos! Local one near me did an alright job on my 225....not everyone is that bothered! This guy included! :p