ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halfords, Brislington, Bristol

SMURF!!!
MAJOR COMPLAIN!!!

My sisters boyfriend bought my sister and his dad a nav man pda sat nav thingy for xmas!!!

Well neither of them worked. The screens kept freezing and would not communicate with the stylus and they could not get gps signal.

So we took them back to Halfords in Eastgate and the first guy we spoke to who worked on the checkout, said he had exactly the same problem and told us to speak to the lad on the audio department, so off we trotted. And basically he said that seeing as three out of 40 have already come back as faulty, (normally one in a 1000 is not good) he recommended coming back with the receipt (as we didnt have it at that point) and getting a refund and then going with a completely different model.

Anyway, my sister and her boyfriend then went back to the Brislington branch where he bought them from, with the receipt.

They were there for two hours and the guy dealing with them, turned around and said - it is our sat nav policy that we do not give refunds, only exchanges, regardless of whether the item is faulty or not - well if i had been there i would have blown my top. Anyway, this guy then said fine we will swap them. So my sis's bf said well i want to see two working before i take them away. The guy had to go through 7 different units until he found one where the stylus would work, but still could not get a gps signal - his reasoning behind this was that to get gps signal it had to be plugged in to a cigarette lighter in the car in order to get enough power to it - now to me this sounds totally bonkers, no?

Anyway, they kept ringing me, asking what they should do, so i rang the Eastgate branch where i went last week and the guy there told me, no if the item is faulty, by law they have to issue a refund, and said just bring the units to me and ill give you your money back.

Now not only did the guy in the Brislington branch spill out a load of nonsense, he was also extremely rude.

Therefore, the moral of this story - lol - if you have bought a sat nav unit from brislington Halfords in bristol and it doesnt work, unless you want a hell load of hassle, take it back to another branch!!!