ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halford colours

Cup In bits
Halfords paint match is s**t.

I would agree, I bought two tins for my UR Meg at circa £32 for the pair of 330ml tins (which I thought was stingy anyway) and proceeded to paint my side strip as a tester. The colour was nothing like and I'm colour blind so find it hard to notice shades.

I only done done it off the back of Chip recommending them as his wife works there and praised them. I guess its down to what technician (loose term) mixes the paint, but I won't be going back, I'm glad it wasn't a blend job on a panel I was doing. I'll be taking them back for a refund at the weekend.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Renault glacier white is quite difficult too match, as the amount of blue in the mix is critical to the match.

The stuff on the shelf has quite a blue tint to it and I would say this is associated with the new models.

i have a 1990 Renault 5 GT in 389 and halfords had to mix me some 389 up but had to reduce the amount of blue in by 90 percent.

I bought a touch up off eBay, I just shoved in the paint code & ordered it. Not checked it yet though.