ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hair line crack on 3GS.

E87 118d M Sport
Ah, roffles. On teh iPisch. Zero concentration. LOL. I was eating TCB. :eek:

hair food?

texasbeautysupplycom_2082_92721645

Barge
Well went to Leicester Apple Store today, and walked out with a new one. Got to love Apple. :approve:

Golf GTi Mk2
Mines a 3G on contract taken out Dec 4th last year (3 days out of warranty) and i've noticed a tiny crack between the silent switch and the bezel and quite a large crack coming up from the charger port, worth chancing my arm? Nearest apple store is 15 miles (milton keynes) away and i can't get there until friday 11th.

Barge
Worth chancing, IMO. You don't expect something to go out of warranty then find a problem with it and them not to do something about it. Trading standards might have something to say about it if they aren't willing to swap. I'd ring them and explain the situation.

Golf GTi Mk2
Aye, I'll give them a ring and see what they say. The crack may have been there a little while its just that i only noticed it yesterday, then saw this thread today etc etc etc

Lou

A crack has appeared on my replacement 3GS! can't be the docking station that caused it as haven't used it with this one :(

Will wait til new iPhone is announced then get this replaced!!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Replacements come with either a 90 day warranty or are covered by the 12 month warranty of the original phone if it had more than 90 days of coverage remaining.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
A crack has appeared on my replacement 3GS! can't be the docking station that caused it as haven't used it with this one :(

Will wait til new iPhone is announced then get this replaced!!

It's the compression of the plastic that causes the hairline fractures. Why wait until the new iPhone is announced though? They won't replace it with the new one if that's what you're thinking.

Citroen DS3 DSport
No but it makes a more attractive option for someone to buy a brand new handset than a used one. My white 3GS has a hairline crack at the side of the dock connector and I'm waiting until the new iPhone is released until I get this one replaced.

Lou

SoA2k6 said:
It's the compression of the plastic that causes the hairline fractures. Why wait until the new iPhone is announced though? They won't replace it with the new one if that's what you're thinking.

LOL, I know they won't replace it with the new 'iPhone'. What I mean is I'll wait until the new one is announced then take my 3GS back to Apple for a replacement 3GS so I can sell it. Like what i did with my 3G!

I've just discovered a crack on my 3G, which is about 5 weeks old. It's between the silent switch and bezel.

Any idea when they will run out of 3G stock, or do they still make them? ie if I was to wait a few months, would they replace with a 3GS?

They must run out of them somewhen lol

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
-Leigh- said:
I've just discovered a crack on my 3G, which is about 5 weeks old. It's between the silent switch and bezel.

Any idea when they will run out of 3G stock, or do they still make them? ie if I was to wait a few months, would they replace with a 3GS?

They must run out of them somewhen lol

They won't, they recycle the inners of ones that have come in for replacement fixing them and putting a shiny new case on.

Polo GTi
Been to the Tafford Centre again, warranty is up tomorrow went in with 2 tiny cracks appearing near the USB connector, the just didnt even ask any questions or plug mine in like last time, just swapped it straight out.

3rd new iPhone in a year, to be honest there was f**k all wrong with the last one, but while its still in warranty I'll get my moneys worth!

I must say that for the price, the build quality is absolute rubbish. Good job they replace them, they obviously know they're built s**t.

I must say that for the price, the build quality is absolute rubbish. Good job they replace them, they obviously know they're built s**t.

i wouldn't say the build quality is rubbish. had my 2G since it came out. i work on a building site and its fallen down many times, been dropped in all sorts and still works. its scratched up (but thats just cosmetic). trusty ol phone even had water all over it. quick wipe down and a few minutes by a heater (just in case) and its still going!

My current 3G is under 2 months old, spends it's life sat on my desk, or table at home, and has 3 cracks in it now.

Maybe the 2G is a bit more robust.

My current 3G is under 2 months old, spends it's life sat on my desk, or table at home, and has 3 cracks in it now.

Maybe the 2G is a bit more robust.

no idea whether thats true or not. don't the 3G and newer come with a plastic back?...maybe that could be why?
i've got countless little hairline scratches on the glass on mine. doesn't affect it so i'm not bothered.

Polo GTi
Great build quality :D, im on my 4th iPhonein 1 year, 2nd phone this week, the one I got replaced on Tuesday, got it home to find the WiFi didn't work, so they replaced it yet again!

Monaco 53/468
my battery only lasted about 3hrs today after being fully charged. I only sent one msg in that time too. Its now taking an eternity to charge, bloody thing!

E87 118d M Sport
they sometimes have problems with the batteries. and getting hot.
just fully charge it and turn it off for a bit it should be fine.

Clio 182
I've got a white 3GS which currently has a 3 cracks- 2 above and below the silent switch then another one on the camera side.

Hellooooooo free replacement with a bit of luck :approve:

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
What about a dead pixel on the screen? Its been there practically since the day i got it and it annoys the f**k out of me but its just 1 dead pixel. I need an excuse to get mine replaced soon as I want a spanker to sell for when the new one is released lol.