ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had my tracking done but still pulling to the right.. Any ideas?

Titanium 182 FF
The 182 used to pull to the right but I was planning on getting it lowered so put it off so I could get it done at the same time as after that... had it lowered and tracked and was expecting it to be fixed but still pulling to the right after.. any ideas on how to fix it?

cheers :)

CursedTitanium 182FF
Is the steering wheel straight & not on the piss when moving forward?
How old is the front end, last time the bushes, shocks & mounts were changed?
Has it been in a bump and knackered the rack? (Like mine)

Nissan 350z
Did you get a printout of the tracking before/after? If not id question if they even did it, or did it properly. My 172 had its tracking done by 2 different places and it was still out until I went to a 3rd place that had a Hunter system that finally cured it.

Have a look on alignmycar.co.uk

Titanium 182 FF
Is the steering wheel straight & not on the piss when moving forward?
How old is the front end, last time the bushes, shocks & mounts were changed?
Has it been in a bump and knackered the rack? (Like mine)

when I let the wheel go while in a straight line the wheel turns slightly to the right and starts pulling that way.

it's an 05 plate but not sure if they've been changed recently so that might be something to look into

and not 100% sure but it is possible it had a little bump (can't see any evidence though)

Did you get a printout of the tracking before/after? If not id question if they even did it, or did it properly. My 172 had its tracking done by 2 different places and it was still out until I went to a 3rd place that had a Hunter system that finally cured it.

Have a look on alignmycar.co.uk

No I didn't to be fair.. cheers good idea for next time!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
You need the print out tbh. I had a similar problem, had tracking done but was still pulling. Turned out I had 2 different wishbones. Cup and a non cup one.

Titanium 182 FF
You need the print out tbh. I had a similar problem, had tracking done but was still pulling. Turned out I had 2 different wishbones. Cup and a non cup one.

ah ok thanks interesting

Check the caliper isn't sticking slightly too

had new pads fitted about 1000 miles ago so I could check for uneven ware on both sides I guess, cheers

Check your tyre pressures..

unfortunately not the problem - if only things were that easy! lol

... when I got the car the front passenger side tyre had been replaced recently but not the drivers side (which had medium wear).. wonder if them being slightly uneven could make a big difference?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
... when I got the car the front passenger side tyre had been replaced recently but not the drivers side (which had medium wear).. wonder if them being slightly uneven could make a big difference?

I had this. Went from one set of wheels to another, started pulling to one side. New tyres on the newer wheels cured it.

Titanium 182 FF
I never got round to updating this (incase people searching for similar issue in future)... It was the difference in wear on the front tyres which caused it to pull. Didn't realise it would make such a big difference! cured with new tyre