ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had a wee accident.

kjf

RSC172 ph2
Hey everyone,
The other day I was in a prang.

Front left headlight is busted, along with the xe bulb.,
front left guard is riddled with cracks
front bar has a crack in it on the left side.

Cost to replace parts with OEM = approx $1500
Front bar isn't that bad - I've found a left headlight cluster and a front left guard at a wreckers in sydney.

Don't want to go into details with insurance etc/how it happened maybe another time.

But, the stuff at the wreckers is from an 04 182
I have an 02 172.

Will '04 182 front left guard + left headlight cluster fit an '02 172?

I need help with this asap if any of you would be so kind.

I need to know so i can secure the parts before someone else (there are a few people interested)

Thanks so much everyone!
icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers guys

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
As far as i'm aware, 182 lights will fit into a 172. HOWEVER, the lamp surround behind the lense is black on a 182 and light grey on a 172. You're probably better off buying the pair fella.

I dont know first hand that the units are the same apart fron the colour, but I have seen 172 and 182 units swapped before, so can only assume they are.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
As far as i'm aware, 182 lights will fit into a 172. HOWEVER, the lamp surround behind the lense is black on a 182 and light grey on a 172. You're probably better off buying the pair fella.

I dont know first hand that the units are the same apart fron the colour, but I have seen 172 and 182 units swapped before, so can only assume they are.

Other way around, 182s have grey lamps 172s have black ones.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Other way around, 182s have grey lamps 172s have black ones.

Cheers Bazzon.. thinking about it now, you are ofcourse correct. ;)

I once looked at a mk2 V6 with one of each lol. I chose not to but that particular car. When I went back to veiw another from the same dealer the following wk end, I noticed he'd replaced the black one with a matching grey unit.