ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had a bump..

182 & Porsche 986
On the way to uni in the snow, went down a steep hill and the car in front just stopped and my car just woudn't stop so i swerved to avoid hitting it and it slid into another car :(

4330452344_67e2d4176f.jpg

4330454492_a955db4b84.jpg

4330451974_64a922de0e.jpg

Hopefully its repairable and i should have it back soon.
Do you think my splitter will be put back on or scrapped?

Barge
You could request that if it's fine they put the splitter back on your car or keep it for you.

TBF, the rear quater panel doesn't look good. But I'm no expert.

Hyundai i40
Gutted, I did exactly the same damage to my old 172

New bonnet/grill sorted

Much damage to other car?

182 & Porsche 986
That'll be written off if it's going through the insurance. Unlucky!

:( the person at the a garage had a quick look and said he thinks its repairable, but other people have said to me they think it's going to be written off.

182 & Porsche 986
Gutted, I did exactly the same damage to my old 172

New bonnet/grill sorted

Much damage to other car?

It was a big land rover i just scuffed his bumper so it wasn't that bad.

the side damange on my car was caused by hitting the car i swerved for and he just drove off and said anything was OK he didnt even take my details.. :/

AGH the sl*g
Nooooo after it was looking so good on sunday :dapprove: that will be repaired, there is no damage to the sill its only the rear quarter. id be super duper suprised if they write it off, and if they do buy it back and get it repaired yourself at a local bodyshop.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That'll be written off if it's going through the insurance. Unlucky!
Did you just decide that for yourself?

Or do you spaff stuff on a regular basis.

It looks like a repair hun, new quarter and bonnet, headlamp, front panel repair and bumper plus other bits and bobs.

Aslong as the back axel is fine you'll get it back.

Mini Cooper S
Are you going through insurance? If so, try and take it to a small reputable garage who will charge less than the bigger garages.

Xenon headlight, £200? Bonnet - £200?, Grill £60?, Rear 1/4 £240?, Bumper £200? £900 in parts, I'm guessing £200 for paint, and then another £900 in labour. Are the insurers going to repair a £3.5K/£4k car with £2K's worth of damage? Possibly...

Hey all my opinion of course, it may or may not be written off.

Last edited:
  Suzuki Ignis Sport
It's still snowing?...

Hope its no written off, looked like a great looking car

182 & Porsche 986
^ It snowed over night here.

Thanks everyone, & yes i am going through insurance tbh i didnt know what to do i didn't want to drive it as the radiator had been damaged so insurance towed it away for me
The garage it has gone to looks quite alright so i'm not too worried. I'm just really gutted i nearly had 3 years no claims and no my insurance is going to be alot again.

At least some of the stone chips will be gone :),

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
I dont think its a right off my self.

Mostly cosmetic to be fair, first thing i checked was that all wheels look correct which they are, so no clear sign of chassis damage.

This happened in wooly trick near wooly motorway bridge.

From my understandings it needs a bumper, head light and a rear quarter welded in or some propper clever work and maybe a rad, claire says it was hissing but it may just be a pipe that was nudged off.

If you look at the front damage you can see that t bonnet was hit more then the bumper due to the landys height this also give less chance of chassis damage.

100204_102655.jpg

100204_112152.jpg

100204_102713.jpg

100204_103036.jpg

100204_103059.jpg

100204_103114.jpg

100204_103759.jpg

100204_103812.jpg

100204_111906.jpg

100204_111914.jpg

100204_112026.jpg

100204_112033.jpg

100204_112146.jpg

Mini Cooper S
Hope everything goes smoothly regardless if the car gets written off/repaired! Most important thing is no one was hurt :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It needs an air con rad aswell. They sit at the front panel.

There is good money in retail for that car.

Have you got the mileage i'll give you an accurate figure?

What insurance company are you with?

With some quick calculations they might repair up to £2800, could be borderline hun.

Would you like the car back or say £4k in your pocket?

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP

With some quick calculations they might repair up to £2800, could be borderline hun.

I think its on around 50k low 50s at most I believe.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Ahhh no way Claire! :dapprove: Hope they do a decent repair for you, such a shame to see it looking like that! At least you're both alright. :)

182 & Porsche 986

Its just gone over 50k, with direct line.

I'd get more than the cars worth as i took out gap when i got it from the dealership so i could buy nice example of a 182 or trophy if i decided i wanted another. .. ohh i shouldnt think like this :rasp:

Crappy work hire car

I'd get more than the cars worth as i took out gap when i got it from the dealership so i could buy nice example of a 182 or trophy if i decided i wanted another. .. ohh i shouldnt think like this :rasp:

LOL every cloud...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

So you paid over 5k for it?

Gap insurance wouldn't work unless you paid quite a lot over the odds, no offence it's a cracking car.

182 & Porsche 986
So you paid over 5k for it?

Gap insurance wouldn't work unless you paid quite a lot over the odds, no offence it's a cracking car.

Yeah i bought it for just over 5k. I might have paid more than i could have got it privately but thats the car i wanted. :approve:

Trophy #473
Damage doesnt look that bad tbh, bumper bonnet and light, pull out the dent, fill and spray. No more than 1k

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
That looks repairable to me TBH.

Anything's repairable, it's the cost that matters.

New rear quarter
New bonnet
New Front bumper
New Xenon headlamp
New grill
Radiator / Air Con?
Paint and materials, all new panels painted plus blending into passenger door, and more than likely the front wings too. Repair rear quarter moulding (possibly new).

...At least. I'm sure the list goes on.

If I were to say a price, I'd say at least £2500 for a very cheap job.