ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had a accident at Bedford in the pit..

200 cup/Btm'd ph1
Iv just reversed into someones door in the pits, it's my fault. But I was just wondering if anybodys had a similar accident. I don't think a normal insurance company would want to know and class it as the race circuit. Theory is if you have a proper race car not road legal and it happened I wouldn't be insured at all. Thought??

200 cup/Btm'd ph1
He was sat in it when it happened, his door was open behind my car. He is going to get a quote off his body shop but he is also going to tell his insurance company. also just found out he has trackdays insurance but I don't, and Phil from easytrack has said its happened before and normal companies don't want to no. So he's insured and I'm not. What would happen there??

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Legally, there's f all he can do about it.

If two cars crash at 80mph on a track with one insured and one not insured, then the insured man claims off his own insurance and the non insured man goes home with nothing. Irrelavant of blame.

If this guy wants to go through his insurance then he'll be claiming off his own.

If he was intelligent (which he clearly isn't) then he'd get a quote, accept your cash offer and move on.

Him being a prick and notifiying his insurance when you've clearly stated you were at fault and will pay him cash will bite him in the ass.

182cup & 172 racecar
I reversed into a 911 once on a Rally,I just paid the bloke for a repaired bonnet (not cheap even back then).