ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

H&R coilover servicing help

Weeman sucks ****
My H&R's have had a hard life to say the least, springs are a mess now but *touch wood* still drive the same as when they were fitted.

Everyone i call or get through to say the coilover shocks are an 'unservicable item'. So do I wait for them to blow and fork out, do i phone germany...no idea?

At least I could get new springs but they are a mess all over. Don't really want to bin them if they can't be looked at.

Any ideas...? Anyone supply springs that would fit the 172 cup kit? I'm toying with KW v2's anyway but any options to get the H&R's checked out would be good.

Cheers

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't Day have his H&R's coilovers serviced/rebuilt?

I'd like to get mine looked at serviced somewhen also, as they've now done over 50k.

TrackCar & F30 330d
What wears out on coilover units? If it's not leaking then should it be working the same now as it did when it was new?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Anything that move will wear simple as that really. I looked into it but found no answers :(

Think Fred might know somebody? Or what about that company that rebuilds Trophy dampers? BG Motorsport iirc?

Weeman sucks ****
Well they're sealed units so unless they go bang nothing can be done, but as said it is moving parts.

I could do with finding out how much replacement spring sets might be for starters.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Try these guys

http://www.mswuk.com/

They import them, thats where everyone (ktec and the like) source them from ;)

I've sourced a rear shock and a front damper cover from them. Be warned they are a bit of a pain to deal with, but i got the parts in the end....

BTW the front dampers can be rebuilt, there is a nut at the bottom of the damper. Think the rears are sealed units. :)

Weeman sucks ****
Cheers Gaz, I called them earlier, they wouldn't give me any info as eurocarparts are the officials now and they no longer supply/stock H&R. Talking to euro's was like talking to a brick wall...

I'll keep looking and see what i can find...

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
H&R use Bilstein dampers so give Bilstein UK a call. They should be able to refurb.