ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Guys help!!! Seats are killing my back!!! What to do???

Clio 172 ph2 FF
Hi everyone, i've bought a Ff 172 ph2. Great fun but with 6'2" 16 stone - not overly fat just heavy - the seats are doing my back because they are tilted back so much and also they are too narrow and they are making my thighs go numb after 20 miles. My wife has a 1.6 rn ph1 and the seats are nowhere as supportive or good looking but went to burmingham and back and no pain at all.

Could you please suggest some front seats - possibly from the stock range - that are not buckets so i can fit in them properly or maybe a cheapest aftermarket seats but reclinimg. Or maybe just one for me.

I only got the car 2 weeks ago and love it but it HURTS to drive it!!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Swap seats with your wifes car.

Come resale time just swap back, sorted.

RS6 C7
What seats are they? Just the standard 172 half leather half suede? My dad is bigger than that as in hes wide and short :L and he had no issue at all going to wales and back with me. Mine are the same as the 172 seats but without the leather/suede. Put some pictures up!

Evo 6, E92 320d
I had this issue at one point, swapped the drivers seat to a recaro trendline and it did the trick, no a cheap fix mind.

Clio 172 ph2 FF
I know it's messed up and pathetic! I never had that before! I go to the gym and shiz but THEY ARE TAKING ALL THE FUN OUT OF DRIVING! they are the standard half leather ones. Looking on ebay it looks like the 172ff, 172 cup, dynamique, extreme all have buckets and i bet they are all narrow. Have to look for some cheapos. The trendlines look wider on the aftermarket seat thread on here so maybe...

ClioSport 172 Cup
This is quite interesting, I have the 172 Cup and I find the ridgid edges of those seats start to dig into your legs after a while, especially into the top of your right leg as the pedals are offset so you sit slightly at a slant. The seats were designed for guys with stick legs and narrow butts.