ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gumball AMG crash?

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Brilliant!
I'd have laughed hard if I was present
To those who were there
What was the driver like? I'd have been so embarrassed

RB Clio 182
Hahahaha, he must of felt like i right plonker
car-smiley-003.gif

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Brilliant!
I'd have laughed hard if I was present
To those who were there
What was the driver like? I'd have been so embarrassed

He just looked a bit dazed, probably after having so many airbags go off inside the car too. He disappeared after about 5 seconds, grabbed the plates and went, then a mob of about 150 people were around the car lol.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
A very expensive day for two people thats for sure. How would insurance work now that they will have video evidence of him driving recklessly?

As far as the terms of mine go I believe so long as I'm sober it doesn't matter. Arguably every crash happens due to reckless behaviour. Police will be interested though.

clio 182 trophy
It was a hired car.
Any ideas what they are likely to do as no doubt they will see the footage?

Hire a car to look the big man and show off, but crash, be a laughing stock and possibly owe silly amounts of money. It didn't quite go to plan for this helmet did it. Flol.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Any ideas what they are likely to do as no doubt they will see the footage?

Hire a car to look the big man and show off, but crash, be a laughing stock and possibly owe silly amounts of money. It didn't quite go to plan for this helmet did it. Flol.

The point was made that he'd lose his NCB, the insurance would likely refuse to payout meaning it would cost an absolute fortune to repair, and no one would touch the car in the future because the plate has been all over the internet now. Fortunately for him, a lot of that is irrelevant because the guys on the AMG boards said it was hired for the day. There are so many clips of this on Youtube now, from multiple angles.

First guy to the scene:

Last edited by a moderator:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It wasn't just that pellet though, there were at least 4 more crashes in every day traffic from guys showing off.

IMG_7896.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Hire a car and put his own plates on? Take the plates even though it's all over the tinterweb?! Hope they stop stuff like this there. I was dying for an asda pizza too but cba going getting stuck in the traffic

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Hire a car and put his own plates on? Take the plates even though it's all over the tinterweb?! Hope they stop stuff like this there. I was dying for an asda pizza too but cba going getting stuck in the traffic

LOL. It would make for a much better ending if it wasn't a hired car. But then I'm sure the guy will be just fine with the repercussions. Seems to be the way.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ha probs. It is getting rougher here. Needs a good clean up. City centre is mingin

As mentioned when Riad posted both of the vids on his Facebook page, I hope the two (or more) drivers are banned and served more than their weekly pocket money in fines, based on the evidence of dangerous driving.

Yes, it's a holier than thou post, but I really don't care. They were reckless, it could have been so much worse and they deserve to have every book thrown at them.

I've not been to a car meet like this in years - sadly, there is always at least one idiot. I'll stick to my classics meets thanks very much.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
As mentioned when Riad posted both of the vids on his Facebook page, I hope the two (or more) drivers are banned and served more than their weekly pocket money in fines, based on the evidence of dangerous driving.

Yes, it's a holier than thou post, but I really don't care. They were reckless, it could have been so much worse and they deserve to have every book thrown at them.

I've not been to a car meet like this in years - sadly, there is always at least one idiot. I'll stick to my classics meets thanks very much.

Nothing holier than thou about it, mate. They are mixing in with everyday traffic; folks with kids in the cars and walking about. Imagine if someone was unfortunate enough to be walking on that part of the pavement when the car mounted and hit the sign post? He was actually extremely lucky in that regard, because if that was someone's child in the way instead of an obstruction, I'm sure the guy would have been dragged from the car and beaten to death.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Not really much different to any meet when people drive like idiots (the only meet I've ever been to on here two people crashed), it is just frowned upon and discussed more because people watching the videos can't afford to own the cars in them.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Never been a fan of cruises ever. Went to one on Bolton in my 106 rallye whopper 16 years ago and not been since. Just a bit gay.

This is why you & I are friends.

Cool getting your photos etc in the national paper!

I went to the last Gumball meet at the Etihad stadium with the actual Gumball or at least a few participants passing through.
There was some bellendrical driving there as well, but nothing like this.
It really does just look like a night out in Bradford tbh.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Nothing holier than thou about it, mate. They are mixing in with everyday traffic; folks with kids in the cars and walking about. Imagine if someone was unfortunate enough to be walking on that part of the pavement when the car mounted and hit the sign post? He was actually extremely lucky in that regard, because if that was someone's child in the way instead of an obstruction, I'm sure the guy would have been dragged from the car and beaten to death.

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw the first video of him crashing. With all the people stood around, it could have easily been worse.

If they drive like f**king idiots, rent a track out and piss out on there.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I'll say what I said on facebook about this - you can afford a car with a near six figure price tag yet choose to rag it round a shopping centre packed with families and other people going about their daily business instead of sorting a proper meet up at a track or airstrip? yeah utter helmets.
Kinda guessed it was a rental though, obviously trying to show off there then what a "bad man".