ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GTA V : online

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Just went on twitter and it seems everyone has lost their character...

try get online, if you've lost your character it will tell you to create a new one

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Timed out locating a session. Pressing X to continue does f**k all either, sigh.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah which leaves you nothing to do but quit game.

quit the game and your character goes goodbye!

its a bit of a joke now

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I've had what liam has had before. Still got my character though.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Can't help but think this is a bit stupid. I mean a local save would sort everyone's issue out rather than rely on their crock of s**t servers

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I tried to go on last night and it had lost my character, that's as far as I have managed so far, created a character and never got any further, this sucks :banghead:

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
tried to to input my character details in and saved it and then it crashed had to quit the game then tried to go into Online on the start up and it just ended loading up just kept loading game just had to quit game. Didnt get very far at all. Was my very first attempt to go online and this is what i got

dk

911 GTS Cab
Here's an idea, why not just wait until it's all good and people aren't having issues?

rather than knowing there's issues and then still bitching about it when it affects you!

i am staying on the regular game (remember that 10/10 game, best one ever?) until all the issues are sorted.

Here's an idea, why not just wait until it's all good and people aren't having issues?

rather than knowing there's issues and then still b**ching about it when it affects you!

i am staying on the regular game (remember that 10/10 game, best one ever?) until all the issues are sorted.

it has been fine for me until today

Fiesta ST-2

rather than knowing there's issues and then still bitching about it when it affects you!

I deliberately left online till a few days after it went live, assuming it was "all good" after patches were released. This character deletion issue is a new one as far as I'm aware, obviously I wouldn't have bothered with online if I'd have known beforehand...

Edit - Not sure if you're post was aimed more towards those complaining about connection problems...

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean

As above. I've restarted it to get maximum monies. Enjoyed doing the missions differently than before.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
As said we were told before that online would have teething problems, won't be long till it's sorted. I'll be on when it's sorted like, still only 33% into the game need to get further into it

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
6 of us last night had a Chanook (Cargobob) each. All picked up a car, flew to a random player we decided to pick on and... LET THE SHOWER OF CARS COMMENCE. It wasn't as spectacular as I hoped.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
6 of us last night had a Chanook (Cargobob) each. All picked up a car, flew to a random player we decided to pick on and... LET THE SHOWER OF CARS COMMENCE. It wasn't as spectacular as I hoped.

I lol'd. I assume no explosions?

dk

911 GTS Cab
It shouldn't have this much issue!
It was ALWAYS going to be I'm afraid, there are simply too many people wanting to play it at the beginning to not be. I've said it before it was possible for them to model what would happen on day one and in the first week.

the only way this could have gone better would be to stage the release of the online part to different territories a week or two at a time, but then people would have bitched than the yanks got it before us etc, but I think it would have been the only way to prevent embarrassment and annoyed customers like they have.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'm too frightened to log on in case my fine figure of a man has also committed suicide.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It was ALWAYS going to be I'm afraid, there are simply too many people wanting to play it at the beginning to not be. I've said it before it was possible for them to model what would happen on day one and in the first week.

the only way this could have gone better would be to stage the release of the online part to different territories a week or two at a time, but then people would have b**ched than the yanks got it before us etc, but I think it would have been the only way to prevent embarrassment and annoyed customers like they have.

ok I'm not the most technically minded person and excuse this question if it seems ridiculous and stupid but could they not "beef up" the servers for the first few months to ensure this doesn't happen? It seems like a mistake you could get away with in the 90's.

as for your character it seems it's luck of the draw wether it was deleted or not. Even if your on at the time or not.

Im back ac kip to level 6 now - only 12 away :(

rockstar are looking at the character deleting problem now, not sure how they're going to give their rank and money back though

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
I just got to level 18 playing it all day, and for some reason I timed out and I'm now back to level 5 same money got a £200,000 house and £130,000 cash still, anyone no why my level has glitched back to where I started but everything else hasn't ?

Fiesta ST-3
I just got to level 18 playing it all day, and for some reason I timed out and I'm now back to level 5 same money got a £200,000 house and £130,000 cash still, anyone no why my level has glitched back to where I started but everything else hasn't ?

How the fark have you managed to gain so much money? In level 13 and all I have to my name is £50k and I've yet to spend a penny on anything but ammo lol

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Iv maxed out ammo and all the attachments too. I kept doing missions (ringing) and betting a lot on races etc, I'll trade it all in for level 18 again. My stats were good to. Most level 40 driving was 50. But I suppose I can double my money when I get to level 18 again.

dk

911 GTS Cab
ok I'm not the most technically minded person and excuse this question if it seems ridiculous and stupid but could they not "beef up" the servers for the first few months to ensure this doesn't happen? It seems like a mistake you could get away with in the 90's.

as for your character it seems it's luck of the draw wether it was deleted or not. Even if your on at the time or not.

Im back ac kip to level 6 now - only 12 away :(
They sold 15 million copies, 15 million, can you imagine how many people that is, It would take half a year just for you to count to that figure, it's a lot of people, and when a beta platform as secretive as this game was probably tested on hundreds, maybe a few thousand at most, with hundreds of concurrent connections, there just isn't any way to properly predict what a figure like 15 million people would do to the system, it's not just the servers, it's the database behind that running the show, the internet connection having to handle it all, there are so many factors, and you could bring up the fact they made all that money in the first few days, but they couldn't provision the hardware up front to handle that not knowing for sure it would be that successful, and even if you could, it's still a mental amount of resources, especially when you only get 16 people per 'server'.

Its a mind boggling problem to solve as an it project, and don't someone mention can't the cloud provide the resources, we are talking about more than a quick order to amazon to spin up some vms.

i guess if you can't understand why it can't be easy now, you never will, just like I could never understand how you can't get the trains fixed before they've even gone wrong ;)

just take it from me, it's a nearly impossible thing to get right and predict.

It'll get better, they'll work out how to fix the issues they're now seeing with real people hammering it, and as time goes on, less and less people will be on it anyway, easing up the systems too.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I understand what your saying but surely complete (or in my case not quite complete (still got 30k in the bank)) loss of data is beyond what would normally be acceptable for a launch this size?

im mean I'm a bit pissed about not getting on when I want but I'll live, but to loose all progress from before is something to really piss someone off

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
Indeed, losing things is not really acceptable, and really it can only be a bug in software really. I can't see them restoring the data unless it's just a simple thing, they'll just out out an apology and say it won't happen again, we've fixed it now. As you aren't paying for the service, you also don't have any sla, they are providing is foc as an add on to owning the game. They need it to work though, it will have cost them a lot of money to develop, and the last thing they need is such an epic launch going sour, so they will be putting all resources into this, a couple of days is acceptable to most, when it rolls into a week, that's when it hits emergency level, and this is losing them money with people not playing, it might be 'free', but you can buy in game money, and like other games have proved, people will (unknown reason to me, I can't understand it) buy this virtual money it's get on in the game etc.

i would say there are some critical meetings going on, especially tomorrow, and heads will be rolling soon, I wouldn't like to be the guys working on this at the moment. Very high pressured job, very high profile.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Never mind, I suppose it is only a game lol.

Does piss is me off that they made do much on this game which has a brilliant story and is pretty epic when you have something to do, yet they can't even say sorry or anything when they realize thousands of people have basically wasted days if their lives...

yes i I see the irony lol

dk is bang on the nose with that, if you haven't experienced an IT "go live" from behind the scenes then you will never be able to appreciate what they must be going through. You can plan and test for months in advance but there will always be a load of things that go wrong when it's turned on for the first time that you simply couldn't test or didn't experience during the testing.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I think an apology will come once they establish a real fix and are confident things are as they should.

Ph 1 172

was thinking of doing this myself but I'm going to get some sticky bombs first (if you can online) and stick them on the car before I pick it up