ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going to fire this game up later, first time since the week of release

I seem to recall I spent most of the time looking at the videos on GT TV

I always play my racers in-car.

Gran-Turismo-5-Spec-2-Update-Cockpit-View.jpg

troll+face.jpg

Oh right. No, it hadn't crossed my mind at the time. Obviously I wouldn't be using the standard cars anyway, as everyone knows they look s**t. I'd only be looking to play it with proper 3D cockpits, in the hope that it brings something to the game. It often does. Crysis 2 and Black Ops are brilliant in the 3rd dimension. Then again they are actually good games.

Last edited:
  Audi TT 225 Quattro
Brands Hatch? Lol!

Haha, yeah thats the one... was you there ? i was like wtf its a trackday and they are threatening to throw people off because the tyres are making too much noise when corning, ok love we'll all slow down for the corners and take them around 30mph:cool:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I've got a few cars in the dealerships that I can't buy because it says I need to go somewhere and download something.

I can't remember where it says to go or what it's telling me to buy but does anyone have any ideas? I'll have a look at what it's saying later and see if anyone can help.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I've got a few cars in the dealerships that I can't buy because it says I need to go somewhere and download something.

I can't remember where it says to go or what it's telling me to buy but does anyone have any ideas? I'll have a look at what it's saying later and see if anyone can help.

It's DLC, you need to buy some playstation points or whatever they are called to get them.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Yep as Matt say it will be because of the dlc car packs, you can get them on the psn store. you either add funds or buy them direct on a debit/credit card or use a psn voucher from ebay etc.

The 1st pack consist of 15 cars , most being touring cars cost £6.29 and the 2nd just released with the golf, scirocco, mini and gtr cost £3.19. If you don't play it much i probably wouldn't bother getting them tbh as there are so many cars to start off with.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Can someone answer me this...

I'm doing the seasonal events and say for example the PP is 600, I tune my car up to that, do a few races, try and enter the next race and the car has gone up to 601 disqualifying it for the events. It's pretty annoying having to detune it slightly so I can continue to use it. Is is a matter of having to set my car a couple of points below it before I start or is there a fix for it?

E46 M3
Can someone answer me this...

I'm doing the seasonal events and say for example the PP is 600, I tune my car up to that, do a few races, try and enter the next race and the car has gone up to 601 disqualifying it for the events. It's pretty annoying having to detune it slightly so I can continue to use it. Is is a matter of having to set my car a couple of points below it before I start or is there a fix for it?

Your power goes up slightly as it gets run in, it'll stop rising after a while then start falling until you give it a rebuild.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Back in love with this at the moment, did the Sazuka endurance race took me 6hours in my Skyline GT-R35 TC 617miles on the clock and an oil change later i was back doing the Nurburgring 4hr in my Mazda RX-7 TC to which im an hour and half through.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
yep can save mid race since the spec 2.0 update:D

Bif : The 4hr Nurburgring endurance is epic, probably the best A-spec race in the game. I done mine in the E92 M3 as i wanted a close race and didn't want to win by overpowering the competition.... got 4.1 million XP for doing it so well worth doing if you want to reach level 40:p I've still got to do the suzuki circuit one but the thought of 172 laps on that track is kinda putting me off lol, Think i'll enter another 4hr ring event tho;)

Audi TT 225 Quattro
few new tracks spotted in the vid below along with the NSX Concept car ( looks as wacky as every other concept car really ), tracks interest me new battery powered nsx doesn't...

Last edited by a moderator:
  Audi TT 225 Quattro
New track and car pack coming on the 18th of this months along with a few other updates....

Car pack 3:

Nissan Leaf G 2011
Aston Martin V12 Vantage 2010
Volkswagen [Beetle] 1200 1966
Jaguar XJR-9 LM Racecar 1988
Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 2011
Mini Mini Cooper S Countryman (R60) 2011

Very very happy with the V12 i love that car , also Leaf G looks stunning;)

New track :

Route X ( think this is the test track from old gt games...)

Other updates:
New themes for My Home in GT Mode.
An option for tire wearing in Pit Strategy (B-spec).
Simulates regenerative braking on electric cars.
Chaparral 2J Race Car ’70: Fan down force option.
Fixed unintended pit stop error in the final lap of a B-spec race.
12 new colors and 12 new wall papers for My Home theme.
Electric cars run slowly without applying acceleration.
Regenerative braking affects the cruising distance.

Few pics:

http://www.gtplanet.net/lamborghini-aventador-route-x-circuit-more-in-leaked-gt5-2-03-details/

Listerine & Poledo
if they charge for the old "complex string" I will fly to Japan and cut all their nads off.

Where the hell is Midfield Raceway!

Listerine & Poledo
Motegi is a good shout.
Seattle I could never get to grips with though, in any car.
Route 11 has been replaced with the silly-long lots-of-straights Tok-y0! night-racer "track"..... which is a Max Power / 1*2 rep-boys dream

EDIT: This one. I like how the calsonic has loo roll easily to hand

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Motegi is a good shout.
Seattle I could never get to grips with though, in any car.
Route 11 has been replaced with the silly-long lots-of-straights Tok-y0! night-racer "track"..... which is a Max Power / 1*2 rep-boys dream

what wangan highway?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Search youtube for Wangan racing - Team Midnight racing in Tokyo Japan watch from 4min

Audi TT 225 Quattro
That wangan track is a good laugh, guaranteed to get a few people in the skyline pace pace playing cops with the flashing lights:race:

The DLC is probably gonna cost £4-5 , that will be for the car pack but not sure whats happening with the track if its free or not...

Notice how for the 1st time a standard car is getting upgraded to a premium! we already have the Jaguar XJR-9 LM Racecar as a standard model but now also premium:D sign of things to come maybe? Rufs and veyron next please lol

Clio 200 Raider
Good looking forward to this more dlc is always welcome. Any1 else notice the online is seriously fooked since the last update

There is so much to improve there but cant be arsed to list it all.

Looking forward to the lambo

Listerine & Poledo
Not interested in what silly-wealthy Orientals do on dual carriageway with their F&Fesque motors.

May as well just film Moneyed Chavs in a selection of M3's blatting up the M6 toll road.

It's not a circuit, well, OK, Avus was a circuit of similar layout, but that was a while ago.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
little vid of the new test course... as its dlc it will cost ( around £3 it looks like ), think it has a few different modes like 1/4mile, 1 mile , full length ( 30km, 18.64miles) etc etc ..

keo

Clio Trophy
Just got this, this weekend. Cant stop playing it. Way better than gt4 which put me off the gt games

Not a 320d
Just bought this. Is there an error on my disc or something. The engine sounds.......

Theyre all the same, and they sound like food blenders. This cant be right surely?