ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
Ok not sure if any of you have noticed but when winning a race the credits seem to be wrong.. for example go karts challenge on intermediate is 15,000cr if place 1st, yet when i win i get 34,000cr, did another race and that was also wrong, is it suppose to be like that or what :/

You receive the price money for bronze and silver too.

350z GT
Thought the top gear challenges were easy tbh, just have to control the slides under braking with the Elise lol

Just found out you can't define cars like you could on prologue so can't use my xsara rally car :( lol seen a Caterham which I so badly want though ;)

350z GT
Bet it will be gone when I get back....does anyone agree with my post about the civic? Can't supercharge it according to the game, sure you can in reality lol

1.6 Ford Focus
Ok not sure if any of you have noticed but when winning a race the credits seem to be wrong.. for example go karts challenge on intermediate is 15,000cr if place 1st, yet when i win i get 34,000cr, did another race and that was also wrong, is it suppose to be like that or what :/

Yes coz you also get the credits.for.second.and third too

I thought the nascar ones were the easiest of the special challenges, got gold on them all within 3 tries.

I find the karting ones the easiest.

Technique is to let it correct the slide itself, just keep on the accelerator and assuming its not a major slide it sorts itself out.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
i watched my brother play GT5 last night.

If the c**t had let me have a go i would have posted my thoughts. Looks great.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
well my thing i like to do with GT is collect rare cars and keep them standard, just bought my first 1. a 205 t16, needed loads of work to get mint, cost 60k then another 70k to rebuild and fix body damage. on the look out for a e30 m3 now. dunno if there on the game or not though. the 190 cosworth is.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
There is actually no excuse for the Driver AI in this game. There seems to be an invisible train track that they are glued to, and they WILL NOT deviate, even if it means pushing you along if you happened to have spun out on that line. FLOL! Dreadful.

Octy VRS
There is actually no excuse for the Driver AI in this game. There seems to be an invisible train track that they are glued to, and they WILL NOT deviate, even if it means pushing you along if you happened to have spun out on that line. FLOL! Dreadful.
It changes the further you level up. They get more intuitive and unpredictable.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Hopefully it'll make them easier to race. Why can't we just have a f**king option right from the start? Same with Damage? So many flaws with this game the more I play it the more fed up I get of its ways.

Clio 182 cup'd
Why the need for comparisons? Some people will prefer forza, others gt. And most people will probably have one console, so the comparison is null and void.

Starting to feel like apple vs pc's!!

I'm sure if everyone thought GT5 was the amazing game it was meant to be, a comparison would be very relevant, and everyone would be saying how it spanks forza's ass!

As it's not, comparing it to forza is banned!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Just managed to get 2nd on that Samba bus thing around TG Track. Also finally got a bronze on the Lotus challenge.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'm sure if everyone thought GT5 was the amazing game it was meant to be, a comparison would be very relevant, and everyone would be saying how it spanks forza's ass!

As it's not, comparing it to forza is banned!

Lol. Plank.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I don't get why they make some of these challenges so difficult. Some people on here were struggling with the first Top Gear one! And that was just come in 9th lol. Why make a game with a learning curve so steep it has a f**king overhang.

Octy VRS
Hopefully it'll make them easier to race. Why can't we just have a f**king option right from the start? Same with Damage? So many flaws with this game the more I play it the more fed up I get of its ways.
Yeah I know what you mean. Although I think it is to "ease" you in slowly to get used to the game and physics maybe.

Evo 5 RS
I'm going to have a proper go at this tonight hopefully. I know what would help massively though (for me personally any how)...

The use of a 360 controller? :eek:

1.6 Ford Focus

Just managed to get 2nd on that Samba bus thing around TG Track. Also finally got a bronze on the Lotus challenge.

Did you loose first place on the last corner by any chance? It was a really close battle for first when I did it, there's a video a few pages back.

I don't know why people are knocking it really, I love it. I agree the 6 year wait isn't justified but still, its an awesome game.

For the people who complain about jaggies, my answer is you are sitting too close to the TV. Mine has jaggies as well but from about 5 meters away you can't see them, same goes for the slightly block shadows.

Peugeot 308
Has anyone played the B-spec mode yet??!

My god its frustrating, I know the guy has to level up etc...but it would be handy if he knew how to drive to begin with!

Had to let him use my 240bhp 207 GTi and scrape wins as my 390bhp civic and 550bhp Rx7 were just too much for him, watching him drive the RX was like watching a major drift session round every corner going wrong.

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio

My god its frustrating, I know the guy has to level up etc...but it would be handy if he knew how to drive to begin with!

Had to let him use my 240bhp 207 GTi and scrape wins as my 390bhp civic and 550bhp Rx7 were just too much for him, watching him drive the RX was like watching a major drift session round every corner going wrong.

Im doing this at the moment. Love it.

Best advice is to start them off with a not so powerful car... otherwise theyll just spin out!

I have two drivers so far.

1.6 Ford Focus

Tyres ;)

My driver kept sliding around corners and crashing in a cloud of smoke in the vitz yaris with 230bhp, I changed the tyres to sports hard and no problems.

Peugeot 308
I didnt expect him to be like senna straight away, but I was in stitches of laughter with the fact he just kept hitting the 10k limiter in the civic like a complete n00by ****-end.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Are these two statements true?! EDIT: Actually, I know the gripe with the Standard cars is true.

"These cars, available in the used car mart, have been reworked, but still almost look rough – their notched wheel arches, heavily smoked windows and lack of in-car view betray their origins" (Eurogamer)

"As a public game, though, GT5 needs a lot of work. There's no matchmaking at all, so you have to browse a list of rooms and pick one, or enter an alphanumeric code, as if you're playing a PC game and it's 1999. The netcode is unstable; after a long pause I started one race alone on the grid, with the rest of the field halfway around the track already." (Eurogamer)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
You have the game. Is that statement about the online bit true?

Entering a code or something?! And no rewards?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Haven't tried online. Although that's what I've been told. I can imagine online sounding like a set of wheelie bins falling down some concrete stairs though, with the amount of bumper cars that'd be going on.

FFS! Just bought a gear box and accidentally clicked "No" on the install now option. WHERE THE f**k HAS IT GONE? WHAT A STUPID OPTION TO HAVE!! FFFFUUUU!!!!

EDIT: Found that b*****d!