ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Citroen DS3 DSport
I think there are 2 F1 cars, the F10 is also in the game.

Back to TG test track in a Lotus Elise, should be more fun.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
that ring course not 'map' lol looks absolutly qualo i cant wait to go on that one. that AMG looks nice too, be getting no sleep now wondering what car to drive lol

Not had a look, I finished with silver (12 seconds short of gold :-() and it came up with a few things, one was something about the TG track.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I can see this game taking up a lot of my time. Just picked up a nice blue MX5 so will be earning some monies to get it lowered on top of some nice BBS RS' :)

Last edited:
  VaVa
Had a quick go on this tonight... I was quite impressed. Although it seemed to take aaaaages to load?

I'll say outright it's not as good as Forza. But, in fairness, that may be down to me struggling with the PS3 pad. The triggers seem to have the resolution of a f**king light switch lol.

Citroen DS3 DSport
OK I'll call it quits for today, made it to Level 10 and will play some more tomorrow night. Initial impressions are very positive although the early stages and licenses are a bore as they are very easy and the cars are so slooooow. Lapping the Ring in the old Merc was great fun and game physics appear to be fairly convincing so far. A very good feeling when you hold a car powersliding through the corners and with the G25 you can feel when a car is about to snap away from beneath you. Must buy a rally car tomorrow and test those out.

Citroen DS3 DSport
My mates got this (I can't be arsed, I f**king hate GT) and I lent him my PS Eye thing for the face tracking. Has anyone else tried it and if so is my mate just being a f**king 'tard, as he says it doesn't do s**t? I've looked on YouTube and it looks like it should move a far amount when you shift your head but he's whinging on that it doesn't do anything and there's nowt in the manual on how to set it up etc.

Please for the love of god some one tell me how to make it work, before I beat him to death with my 60Gb fat.

Much love.

Check the camera is working within the PS dashboard settings and then also within the GT5 settings, scroll to the right on the general setting screen for PS Eye configuration. Works OK, will experiment with it more on another day.

Lee

BMW M2C
Just done the Merc ring races. Really enjoyed it. Very rewarding when you get the old barge drifting between corners. The final lesson took me a few attempts, but the full lap I got gold on the first attempt.

Lee

BMW M2C
For me, not really. It's way too similar to GT4. Bouncing off Walls, crap AI, boring license tests. Forza brought a lot of new stuff to this type of racing game where as GT 5 is 4 with slightly better graphics. And even they have issues with dodgy shadows and jaggies. But the right car on the right track feels great, so they got one of the most important bits right. But it was pretty dam good I'm GT4 anyway.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
i love this game lol:D picked up a lovely used RX-7 and went straight to the tuning shop, after a oil change and some minor mods its putting out 310bhp but needs suspension and tyres badly now:evil: gonna be wasting far to much time on this game i can tell already:dapprove::D

My only hate so far is the music:dead:

VTS(In Bits) BMW7.30
Loving the game. I can see what people say about similarities to GT4. It was always going to be similar though as GT4 was a very well thought out game.

My only gripe so far is the bouncing off walls still, AI has improved but still not brilliant. Drivign the karts, and cars everything feels as it should. So on the driving side of it a great game, also graphics are very good, even on my old rear projection tv.

Im having to physically stop myself playing it now, otherwise I'll be up all night.
And I need to be awake tomorrow so I can sell more bits for the Clio fund!!

Peugeot 308
Loving my 350bhp turbo'd ek9 atm :D lowered on BBS wheels that are painted in Milano red, carbon bonnet, flexi windows. Car weighs 972kg How would i upload pics??

Last edited:
  Facelift R53 Cooper S
Is the EK the car to start with then?

I remember in prologue I started with a supercharged Coooper S, not making that bloody mistake again lol

I've got it but haven't played it yet

Bus w**ker
Check the camera is working within the PS dashboard settings and then also within the GT5 settings, scroll to the right on the general setting screen for PS Eye configuration. Works OK, will experiment with it more on another day.

Cheers! I'll tell the knob to go config it lol.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I forgot to mention the intro sequence when I posted last night. The first half of it was crap but the second half much better. Online this should be good once they smooth out initial problems, my PS3 froze when I attempted to go online late last night. So far I prefer this to F3 but that's because I have the G25 to use rather than a pad.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
The intro made me think I was about to play the best game in the whole entire world. I actually quite enjoyed the car making process bit :p

^^Yes it was a bit much starting off with mining the ores to make the cars!!

IGN - 8.5/10

I'm gonna wait this one out... just don't feel compelled to buy it.

Gran Turismo 5 is a 10/10 simulator wrapped up in a 5/10 game [IGN]

Certaintly worth a crack imo!

^^Beat me to it lol, tbh I was hoping for a t least a 7 from Eurogamer as a 7 from them is excellent!

10/10 destructroid

apparently course maker is s**t

Listerine & Poledo
The intro made me think I was about to play the best game in the whole entire world. I actually quite enjoyed the car making process bit :p

It must have taken 3 months to put that whole sequence together!

Well, first night in, had to uninstall all manner of stuff (including Fallout 3) to fit the 8-gig track install which, as someone said, is vital. Judging by the load times without it, to not install the tracks must leave you with 1/2 an hour load per race!

National A&B licenses done
was forced to buy a car, so plumped for the cheapest thing in the used showroom (a SIlvia!) and proceeded to dominate the Sunday Cup, FF Championship and compact cup in the Nissan mm-R racer i got for completing a licence. Waiting now for the deent MX-5's to get unlocked!

The first time you got onto top gear test track though.... WTF!