ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

MY10 R35 GTR
Have just looked on ebay and they are going for around £130 is that about right for the wheel, pedals and gear shift. With regards to a budget can you really put a price on the pleasure boys get from there toys :rasp: dreading it when he turns 17 and he wants a car;)

well said!!!! hahaha :)

yeah seems about right, amazon have them aswell.. search youtube for g25 and you'll see how good it looks!

clio cup 172
To be honest I dont know what all the fuss is about! when theres 16 cars on screen the game stutters like an old gent with no teeth in! The ps3 is not the power house it makes out to be! Sony hype. Ive got all three next gen machines so im not biased.

Black/gold 182 FF
sorry no adoptions ;) he has already got his eye on my 182 and his dads gt tdi.
As for the steering wheel i think the g25 will be the best for him has he has just had a x-blade gaming computer built so he can use it with that aswell.

Citroen DS3 DSport
To be honest I dont know what all the fuss is about! when theres 16 cars on screen the game stutters like an old gent with no teeth in! The ps3 is not the power house it makes out to be! Sony hype. Ive got all three next gen machines so im not biased.

Yawn.

MY10 R35 GTR

Yawn.

+1

sure i saw a post somewhere saying same thing................ did you see it aswell sneeks??? ;)

Citroen DS3 DSport
Only true with poorly ported 360 games. If developers opt to put effort into a PS3 game it's every bit as good. As for the GT5 comments they are best ignored, simply feeding time in trollville.

MY10 R35 GTR
Only true with poorly ported 360 games. If developers opt to put effort into a PS3 game it's every bit as good. As for the GT5 comments they are best ignored, simply feeding time in trollville.

i have noticed a stutter every so often, but i was putting that down to the fact its all coming off the HD instead of cd and HD mix and the fact when it happened 4 cars had gone off onto the dirty. or my just talks baws

MY10 R35 GTR
There is already a patch available got GT5P which will change the game title to GT5P Spec II. For the first time in a GT game ABS can be removed completely from the cars if desired rather than simply tamed down. Wheel lock up fun to be had :) Several other updates too.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103957

:) that'll be getting tried out for def!!!! cany wait!!!!

weather is somit i've read is gona be included, as in you can choose rain and dry which is somit that has been missed.

Last edited:

Lee

BMW M2C
Well I wasn't going to bother, but as usual with GT games I can't help myself.

I played 4 to death so hope I get as much enjoyment out of 5 once it's out, and at least get a taste out of how it's going to play from Prologue. I just need to get my wheel and pedals back off a mate!

As for the old comment about developers needing to try harder to get the best out of the PS3, it's more a case of Sony needing to do more to get the most out of the developers! MS make life a dam sight easier for us. We did have a guy from our LA studio over for two weeks doing nothing but optimising code on the PS3 though.

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
This is a make or break game really.

Odd that its a demo that makes me decide to spend £300 or not..

Lee

BMW M2C
This is a make or break game really.

Odd that its a demo that makes me decide to spend £300 or not..

They're obviously trying to put a few quid back in the pot as it's taking them forever to finish the full product.

They've screwed us (the fans) a few times already. GT 2002 Concept Tokyo Motorshow Edition and GT4 Prologue were both pointless, but of course I have them both.:eek:

Dam it, now the memories of playing GT4 for hours on end have really set in. I fear this may be the game to ruin my life again. lol

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Im really not a game person, i have the wii but thats not a normal console.
Annoying thing is i will only use the PS3 for GT. other than that its gathering dust.

Maybe blue ray, but then i need another tv so thats £2000 down the tube.

MY10 R35 GTR
on gtplanet they've said GT5 is defo 2009.

But with all the stuff thats on GT5P you'll be playing it for agea and ages and ages.

There has been rumours that GT5P will turn into the full GT5 over the next year with loads of updates. Cant see it myself.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Currys/PC World £299 deal is good value.

Obviously you need to buy GT5 on top but thats only £18

Citroen DS3 DSport
Argos are charging £269 for the PS3 console, add the cost of GT5P and it's the same as Amazon but bought locally.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
my prologue order is currently being processed for arrival on release day. :D

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
Im really not a game person, i have the wii but thats not a normal console.
Annoying thing is i will only use the PS3 for GT. other than that its gathering dust.

Maybe blue ray, but then i need another tv so thats £2000 down the tube.

I recently got my PS3 and tbh i'm not really impressed by it.. wishing i went for the 360 now!!

Hopefully this GT5 changes my mind.. so far only good game i've bought is Tony Hawks and thats getting boring.

Citroen DS3 DSport
It'll be good if my existing save game for the Japanese version works on the UK release.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/en/gt5p/news/d1985.html

“Gran Turismo 5 Prologue” will be undergoing a free online update to “Gran Turismo Prologue Spec II” at around noon on Friday, March 28.

The detailed content of the update will be announced on the day of the update, but there are some points of caution before performing the update. Please red before proceeding with the update.

(1) After updating, it will not be possible to replay the replay data created and saved before the update.

(2) Because the content of events will be renewed in the update, the event data before the update will be cleared, and those events will no longer be possible to play. (Acquired prize credits, cars in the garage, and clear information up to the A class will be carried over.)

(3) Even if an error occurs during the update, data downloaded up to the error is saved. Repeating the update will complete the download normally.

The update can be resumed as indicated below:

- Select News in My Page after starting the game
- Exit the game with the PS button, and restart the game.

* To update, you will need a Playstation 3 connected to the internet with a broadband connection, and "Gran Turismo 5 Prologue" (Either the Blu-ray disc version or downloaded version).

* All information listed in this website is for Japan. For information outside Japan, please refer to the website of your region.

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport
I hope the Japanese version update will not allow selection of English language menus, if so my UK copy is a waste of money.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
^ I've just ordered it for £19.99 from the Game website as its saying nothing about being out of stock and says it will deliver on release day, so fingers crossed.

Lee

BMW M2C
Sweet, I've just checked and mine will be here for Friday also. I only placed the order this morning.

I just hope I can find time at the weekend to play it. I'm sure I'll be hungover most of Saturday, but I really need to wash the car before Sundays meet!