ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT Creations (T5MY G's) Poseidon Traxo Vtr

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Re: My saxo vtr - Recaro pole positions/b8's/stripped!

when we were putting the cage in the car i split the connector on the fuel line. The cage sits very close to the line but still i should of disconneted it first. Ive just got some money so i am going to the bank today to put the money into my account then transferring it to my paypal then the saxsport will be here :)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Ive just ordered my brand new saxsport 2" race system from 106parts. I rang them before hand and made sure they had it in stock. They said it will be with me on wensday. Carnt wait
smiley1.gif
! I'm sick of the blowing, carnt wait for the rasp
smiley17.gif
I'll update once fitted. I'll also make a video of the current setup (Miltek 4-2-1, supersprint de-cat centre and standard back box) and one of the saxsport. obviously the saxsport will need to be carbon'd up before the nice notes come.
smiley14.gif

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEEE!!!
My missus got me my new plates today aswell as a streamline carbon stereo blank for my birthday. Iv'e been wanting the plate for ages so im dead happy iv'e finally got it :).
DSC00694.jpg

DSC00696.jpg

Ive just spoke to yates and bloomfield and they said the saxsport is being collected by the courrier today so i will have it for thursday. Iv'e not managed to get around to getting anything fitted yet but ill update it when ive got it all done with pics. Hopefully when i sell my supersprint race centre section that will fund the welded rails for the side mounts and i can fit my recaro's :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Re: T5MY G's saxo vtr - Recaro pole positions/b8's/carbon/saxsport/stripped!

Very nice... How much you spent on this so far?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Cheers Tunst! iv'e spent so far £2160. Thats including every part so far. Iv'e still got a hell of alot more stuff like vibra tech race mounts, faulkner springs, black shore 95 bushes to complete the set, polycarbs, fiberglass bonnet and boot, uprated torsion bar and rear anti roll bar. Then 16v with omex and boddies lol!

320d

Only just seen this thread its really impressive. I'm loving the sound of a boddied 16v in it.

Are the 16v engines cheap to get boddies for or just as expensive as a Clio?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Cheers Brett, there about the same i think. I can get an omex with loom for £600-£700 and the boddies will be £1000. will be well worth it thou. The spec i want is ph3 cams with the boddies and the omex to have a really good remap. hopefully it will work well with the saxsport.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

I'm a bit lost now as to why you didn't just finish the clio off and drop a 2.0 in it?

I thought you sold the clio as it was costing too much and you wanted to save money?

Don't get me wrong or take that as in insult but, I really like the saxo, and you've got great taste in mods (barr the lifters ;)), I'm just a bit confused by the choice?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

the clio wasnt practical mate. it was too low and there would of been no point putting a 172 in as i wouldnt of been able to enjoy it. The things left on the clio were going to be big £££ in one go were the bits for the saxo are quite cheap. plus i can budget it alot better now and choose when to get them. The clio was costing nearly £700+ a month were i can buy little bits and bobs for the saxo and it still remains practical. I also have just literally had a promotion at work so i will be getting quite a nice pay rise. I wanted to keep the clio but i would of easily had to spend £6000 to get it were i wanted too. I can have alot more fun in the saxo so it makes up for it. Plus the plans i have for the future with this one its going to be as good. Hope that helps rob. :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Ah ok, I guess you'd need the clio to be actual perfection, where as with the saxo, you don't have the same aims for the project. Shame though, the clio was lovely. This looks good too, mind :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Keep up the good work Tommy and don't spend too much. Seriously.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEEEE!
Got my saxsport fitted today and no more blowing :)
Heres a pic of the bodged on backbox from the previous owner....
DSC00706.jpg

Heres pics of the saxsport fitted....
DSC00710.jpg

DSC00709.jpg

DSC00711.jpg

Ive only done 10 miles or soo on the exhaust so hopefully once ive driven her more and got her carbon'd up inside it should sound alittle nicer.
Heres a before video with miltek 4-2-1, supersprint centre and standard back box...
th_MOV00704.jpg

Heres the after with the saxsport on...
th_MOV00713.jpg

I also did some of my mates corsa c 1.8 sri which has a fruity spec..
th_MOV00714.jpg

th_MOV00717.jpg

And one of us side by side upto the legal limit :)..
th_MOV00715.jpg

Im also getting some welding done tomorow for the seats :)

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

Tidy, when will the seats be done and contrats on the promotion!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Cheers will, the seats will be in tomorow mate.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

Excellent! I am massively impressed with the rate at which this is progressing. Any news on the wobble yet?
Think I may need to head over your way for some help when/if modding begins on mine, although I will keep the fuel lines well out of your reach!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Not yet mate but i may have something in the pipeline to get it sorted at a cheap garage :) Ill be gentle on your fuel lines lol! Ill update tomorow with pics with the seats in.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEEE!
I got my seat rails welded over the weekend by george, ollys brother and he had done a cracking job. very pleased with the work and they sit perfect.
I only took one picture of the actual rails...
DSC00722.jpg

Heres pictures of the Recaro's fitted and my new 3 point black sparco harnesses. The harnesses are tempary until i get some proper 4 points.
DSC00725.jpg

DSC00726.jpg

DSC00729.jpg

DSC00728.jpg

DSC00724.jpg

Sorry about the crap pics but it was getting dark. The recaro's make the car soo much more fun to drive :). Whilst i was dropping the seats of to my lock up me (in my vtr) and the missus (in her frp) were having a few races and 0-100 the cars are neck and neck but the frp has the extra bhp to pull after that. Carnt wait to get my vts lump in now so i can beat her lol.

LY R26

how much did your saxport cost you mate? got a vtr lined up for when i get rid of the clio(soon hopefully!!) so just looking at bits for it.

car looks mint mate will be stealing some ideas from you;)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

cheers Rich :)

Heres a few pics from today when i went for a drive near gumley...
DSC00730.jpg

DSC00731.jpg

DSC00732.jpg

DSC00733.jpg

Just saving up at the mo so there wont be much progress atm but i have alot planned. ;)

172 SPORT PH2

this is nice, but not a big fan of the green Mirrors

BMW E36 328

nice, i love those seats, this is coming along really well

trophy
Re: My new saxo vtr

DSC00637.jpg

Angle grind the standard shock tube.

Cant believe no one has mentioned this before... Where is your eye protection?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Re: My new saxo vtr

it was my mate josh, and if you look hes head is above the arch and not in the direct path of the sparks :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

How you finding the Pole Positions now you've been living with them for a few weeks? Comfortable enough during normal road use? :D

Do you know whether yours are the FIA or ABE version? Looking at sticking some in the Clio ;)

Shame they wern't already in at the meet! :rasp: lol!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

uright oli, yer the pole positions are quite comfy for buckets. mine are the fia's. Need some money so i can update lol. Only thing ive done new at the minute is fit my private plate. still got all my suspension/steering parts to fit. Ill be ordering new wishbones and wheel bearings as theve shot aswell :(. The joys of owning a car previously owned, driven and negleted by a c*nts. It will all be sorted thou ;)

Ollie's Silver Cup

uright oli, yer the pole positions are quite comfy for buckets. mine are the fia's. Need some money so i can update lol. Only thing ive done new at the minute is fit my private plate. still got all my suspension/steering parts to fit. Ill be ordering new wishbones and wheel bearings as theve shot aswell :(. The joys of owning a car previously owned, driven and negleted by a c*nts. It will all be sorted thou ;)

Good to hear they're quite comfy! As long as they're not back crippling I'm happy lol!

Have you got the side mounts on slider rails? :)

I'm wondering if they'll shift far enough forward to allow access to the rear seats in the Clio!

Still loving the green mirrors :rasp:

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

green mirrors ftw lol.

the side mounts are mounted to welded bars. for lightness yooo. Ive had them mounted for my size so there perfect. If your about sometime next week give me a bell and ill meet you and you can have a sit down in them

Ollie's Silver Cup

green mirrors ftw lol.

the side mounts are mounted to welded bars. for lightness yooo. Ive had them mounted for my size so there perfect. If your about sometime next week give me a bell and ill meet you and you can have a sit down in them

Cheers! I'll most likely take you up on that, as it would be better to have a sit in one before looking at ordering! :eek: :D

Been looking around and seem to have found them at a reasonable price :)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEEE!
Well this weekend i atacked the dash! (the dash was fooked as the roll cage had dented the ends anyway) This is the aftermath...
DSC00735.jpg

DSC00736.jpg

And the 80% finished product...
DSC00765.jpg

DSC00764.jpg

DSC00766.jpg

Still have the heater matrix to take out but i didnt have any hosing to join the coolant pipes together. Ive also got to strip all the unnessary wiring and the sound deadning behind the heater matrix. I saved anothe 15.5kg's by stripping the dash. :)
Heres a better pic of the welded seat bars and omp eyelet plate..
DSC00734.jpg

I also got some silver visions, carbon tax disc holder and a indicator relay...
DSC00738.jpg

DSC00739.jpg

DSC00740.jpg

Before..
DSC00741.jpg

After..
DSC00742.jpg

I went to the bigger one meet in milton keynes last night aswell. Heres a few poo pics i managed to get of mine lol...
DSC00756.jpg

DSC00753.jpg

DSC00758.jpg

Ear plugs on long journeys? :rasp: