ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Growing Out Of The Clio?

182 Trophy
People are forgetting people on this forum own Clio sports of course they won't think it's chavy!

To anyone who doesn't know like my missus, it's a boy racers car. Plain and simple.

But all you do now you dont own one is slate clio's
To most people ford pumas are girls cars...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
This bellend was clearly jel.

Standing out in the sea of silver and black repmobiles since 2006.

DSC_0003-7.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
But all you do now you dont own one is slate clio's
To most people ford pumas are girls cars...
Me? I think you check my posts sweetcheeks. I nearly ahd a trophy 2 days before I bought the Puma.

Oh Turner, the parking?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols I was awaiting that excuse!

The guy going back to the Golf must have been thinking WTF!

I know you're small must you must have got out the passenger side ffs!

Mini Cooper S
OP, why don't you try and swap your leaky coilovers for some standard suspension. I'm sure someone is after cheap coilovers which can be refurbished.
Do the same with the exhaust? Will probably make the car, a lot more civilised to drive everyday. And not look like a low, loud chav chariot to Mr. Joe Bloggs.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
OP, why don't you try and swap your leaky coilovers for some standard suspension. I'm sure someone is after cheap coilovers which can be refurbished.
Do the same with the exhaust? Will probably make the car, a lot more civilised to drive everyday. And not look like a low, loud chav chariot to Mr. Joe Bloggs.
Because he's on CS, that's what we do.

I'm debating changing mine next year. Partly due to image and being older, other because of the value. If I decide to part ex it now I won't have to add as much to a new car. The thing is I love driving it, and am debating tracking it next year now its not worth as much. I could swap it for a newer clio, but I fancy something different, maybe get an r26 as Its similar in terms of performance and handling, but an upgrade.

Would like to keep the clio as a weekend car or similar but in reality it won't happen.

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
ive had clio's for 10 years now, ive took these notions and bought other cars, had JDM cars and german cars as i thought i had 'grown out' of clio's but each time i find myself wanting another. they are so much fun to drive and all the other cars bored me to tears and each of them was at least 200bhp. i love the fact that i can get into the clio and go for a spirited run and enjoy it, golf's and 3 series just dont seem as much fun. im building a house at the minute and when im nearly finished it i will be ordering a new 200 cup!! i dont think a tastefully modded clio is chavvy it's what you do to it and how you drive it that makes it seem chavvy!!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh and the 197 (without big spoilers) is much more reserved and understated that the 1*2's imo.

The 200 is a little more sporty and try hard looking.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
:(

I'm out.

I should buy coilovers and "Drop" it, make it undriveable, then sell it.

DCi 100
You've got silvervisions right?

You might be bored of the car if you don't have them, that's understandable you know.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Sell the car, then buy some coilovers for it. Fit the coilovers to a car you no longer own. Then buy a Fiat to save money.

DCi 100
Away from all the jokes on silvervisions and stuff though..

I genuinely think putting a V6 engine in the back is your best bet. It'll only take you 4 years to do 75% of the project but no one will think it's a chav car then! Sorted :)

Facelift R53 Cooper S
How is it chavy, that word gets thrown around too often now.... its a 182bhp clio with motorsport wheels and an awsome stance

tell the guy who said it to feck off, cooper s's are nice cars but theyre like dog s**t..... after seing 50 old women driving the same car as you you'll wish you had you're chavy clio back mate

Cooper S' are awesome, get one, be a hero.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
hard one to call, do think that clios offer good value for money and are a good laugh. Image is a tad dubious in some quarters, all depends on the individual and your own circumstances if that means make a change then consider your options and alternatives, there are plenty better built, made and quicker cars, but you have to crack it back to value for money and enjoyment factor is where the clio will always score highly

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Which was the last one that did? :S

So Gally, how are you finding the FRP, still happy with it?

LY 182
@ OP:

Know what you mean. I'm 23 only had mine for about 5 months now lol. But lately been really fancying a 197 or 200 just for the more modern. But then I looked at my LY earlier and thought damn she's purdy and threw her round a few corners and saw the light! :eek:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I see your dilemma Dave, this may sound daft but maybe you have grown out of it due to the condition/modifications that are done to it..?

Clio's arent really mile munchers/cruisers but considering how cheap they are to run, what else do you get that would satisfy in the same direction? I cant honestly think what id buy if i got rid of the 182, it does everything well. Ill be keeping mine a while yet i think, if you do get rid, you'll be back, they always come back ;)