ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Group Buy - possible thought

RS Clio 172 Ph1
Just a thought - a group buy for 172/182 Phase 1/2 Steering Wheels. Like gold dust these things and everyone's seem to be knacked in one form or another.

Chocolate Bar™
hmmm the problem is you can only buy them from renault and in my past experience cant see them being much help to be honest

Mondeo STTDCI
and TBH I think most people would begrudge buying something that Renault SHOULD have replaced.

RS Clio 172 Ph1
Shame that, mines really annoying me now. Anyone bought one for their Phase 1 172? How much were you robbed?

Clio 182 (Black Beauty)
I think a lot of people would like to do something to renault as a group but certainly not buy anything from them lol

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
dont know if its a good idea. mines only done 43k miles and the right thumb grip is almost a mess. Wouldnt want to replace it within another 40k.. An aftermarket wheel group buy might be your best bet. or perhaps a 197 one?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Why don't we all gang up on them and demand a response?

Rubber failure; GR172

Leather failure; GR172

There, two lists, two wheels (so far). If people can be bothered to say which they've had we can get an idea of numbers - we know how many 172s and 182s were built, bet at least 50% have had either problem. If there's enough demand maybe they can fix their untested cheap crappy design.