ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grinding/vibrating in 1st gear

Phase 2 clio 172
I'm not sure if this is me being paranoid or if there's a genuine issue, but if I accelerate hard in 1st gear there's a vibrating/grind noise coming from the front which I can just about feel through the steering wheel. The noise isn't loud but can be heard and felt easy enough.

It's not axel tramp (or wheel hop) as the car will only do that if it spins up and when it does that it's pretty violent,

its made the grinding/vibrating noise a couple of times before if I take a left bend hard

when the front of the car is jacked up I noticed that there's a fair bit of slack in the transmission, could something be slipping?

Another way of describing it is it sounds similar to a fucked wheel bearing, but these have been checked and they're fine