ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grinding on startup and clicking on turn off

R26
Hi all,
Been a while since Ive been on this forum! Ended up with my sister's 1.2 '04 Clio as a daily drive (not quite the 182 I used to have!) and its got a few problemms. I will probably have to get it checked at a garage at some stage but if there is anything I can do with it myself Id like to know!

Problems:
Grinding noise for few seconds on start up - Starter motor on its way out?

Very lumpy running, misfiring and down on power - Changed sparks and coil pack, no joy...doesn't seem to be ignition related.

Clicking noise for several minutes after switch off, comes from the driver's side headlight area. I believe this is where the evaporative canister is and the clicking noise is the purge valve stuck on? Is there any way this problem could cause the misfiring and rough running or are they more likely to be two independent problems?

Thanks
Ben

R26
Thought Id post in case anyone has has similar problems as all issues have been fixed at a garage:

Charcoal canister purve valve was stuck open
Starter motor was simply faulty
Misfire was due to faulty injector, immediately came up as fault on reader and car now drives normally.