ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GREENLIGHT INSURANCE - WITHDRAWL OF SUPPORT FOR CLIOSPORT

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
yep bit of a bummer, especially for the ones who were planning on using them in the near future whenever they turn 21!:dapprove:

but not much point in taking unnecessary abuse, so fair play

yeh i was planning to use them when i turned 21 as from what i have heard on the forum they are great!

"Navy" N17 TWO
:dapprove: as said - :clap: to the few for this :mad:

I had full intentions of switching to Greenlight when my current premium needs renewed, as Quinn Direct tell me they won't cover the RenaultSport that I'm looking into buying soon :(

Neil was always very helpful and gave good advice, and unbeatable quotes - I even reffer all my mates who are looking insurance to the GL website, and will continue to do so anyway

I have never been insured with Greenlight so I cant comment on the matter.

However if you are pulling out of the discount because people have recieved bad service from you I think your are throwing your toys out of the pram and frankly, it is pathetic.

On the otherhand if your getting personal abuse, threats etc. I think it's fully justified for you to stop the discount and the people that have should be banned off the forum.

Monaco 172 2/468
It's a real shame this has had to happen. Neil is a top bloke, and I shall continue to use them.... so much cheaper than anywhere else for me :)

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Its a crying shame, I was interested in changing to greenlight (pending quotes) on renewal but if anything now cliosport members will have a very bad rep with the insurance company :(

Maz

LY 200
Would be good if admin could find another company to support the club to fill the gap, APlan have always been fantastic with me. :)

Shhh
Dont worry, if they want to leave then let them, at the end of the day, another company 'insert name' will step in to take there share of the members on here.

Whenever a question pops up in the insurance section, half the replies are 'im with greenlight' or so.

I think its a case of 'Cut nose off to spite face'...

Suppose next headliner will be 'Greenlight goes into administration due to lack of customers'.

Suppose next headliner will be 'Greenlight goes into administration due to lack of customers'.

i doubt it very much. Greenlight have a great reputation in many car clubs... cliosport probably represent a tiny percentage of their customers.

They'll certainly continue to get my custom.

Audi TT 3.2 V6

i doubt it very much. Greenlight have a great reputation in many car clubs... cliosport probably represent a tiny percentage of their customers.

They'll certainly continue to get my custom.

same here. there price (even without club discount) was far more competitive than any other company out there. Flux, A plan and other hot hatch friendly companies couldnt touch greenlights price

MINI Cooper S
Do you have to be 21 to be insured with Greenlight? Thats what i heard anyway, if someone could confirm this that would be great as they will be the first ones i call when i come to renew my policy next Jan!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
yup,

you need to be 21 or over
have at least one years ncb and been driving 12months or more iirc. if you check their website it does say on there

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
They wont even quote me, so I'm not sad to see them go. Got quotes elsewhere and they were all cheaper than what people were paying with Greenlight.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
A great shame tbh, Yes Greenlight will remain very competetive regardless of wether they give a cs discount, the part I think we will miss the most is their presence on here as I think we will be hard pushed to get a replacement that will take the time and trouble to actually come on here and answer questions.
I'm pleased to say I have my insurance with Greenlight and will always have them at the top of my list every year at time of renewal.

Thank you Tony, Neil and all the team at Greenlight Insurance.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
They wont even quote me, so I'm not sad to see them go. Got quotes elsewhere and they were all cheaper than what people were paying with Greenlight.

How can you judge them if they didn't offer you a quote?

Bugger, just read this.. My quote for my renewal in a few weeks was £300 cheaper than anyone else, better ring them to see if it is still valid..

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Not sure what happened, but i think it's a case of 'dry your eyes' Insurance, like many sectors of the motor industry is a fiercely competitive business...I've never dealt with Greenlight as a company, but i shop around every yr, i'm not overly fussed about consumer loyalty.

Shame to see the loss of the greenlight support, but i'm sure you will go on.

Not sure what happened, but i think it's a case of 'dry your eyes' Insurance, like many sectors of the motor industry is a fiercely competitive business...I've never dealt with Greenlight as a company, but i shop around every yr, i'm not overly fussed about consumer loyalty.

Shame to see the loss of the greenlight support, but i'm sure you will go on.

Totally agree ..... some people are too lazy to shop around and i always haggle once i have my best quote. I knocked £150 off my best price last year.

Theres so many insurance companies now you just have to play them off against each other ..... it truely is surprising how much they are prepared to negotiate.

At th end of the day its a forum and if anything bad is said just rise above it and move on.

Mountune Tractor
If you ask me then it's the fault of the moderators if they have been abused on here.
Far too much abuse on this site and nothing gets done about it half the time. I'm not having a personal pop at any of the mods because I don't know any of them, it is just an observation. Maybe all public forums are the same?

Black R27, 205gti
Abuse is expected on Internet Forums as people hind behind their monitor. To be honest, i wont miss your services as you refuse to insure my post code. Privilege will be getting my custom for a 3rd year at a cost of £990 Fully comp. (22 y/o, 3yr NCB, 0 points, ~10,000 miles inc business use, legal protection bah blah blah, Liverpool post code) 2005 Clio 182.

Regards

James

Last edited:
  Cup'd Monaco 172
If you ask me then it's the fault of the moderators if they have been abused on here.
Far too much abuse on this site and nothing gets done about it half the time. I'm not having a personal pop at any of the mods because I don't know any of them, it is just an observation. Maybe all public forums are the same?

Agreed.