ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Green plastidipped 197

work for BMW
reckon spraying a whole car would be doable for someone with very little experience with painting ?

O

Oakley12

reckon spraying a whole car would be doable for someone with very little experience with painting ?

I think it's plausible! I think I'm going to try my roof or something first just to get to grips, then possible full respray :)

An orange one
I wish he had included himself peeling it off round the lights etc..

What happens to the overspray that goes in door and bonnet shuts etc?

clio 172 phase 2
Goin to purchase some 2moro for my wheels ! Not sure what colour though for a black 172 with 2118s :/

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
I'm beginning to think I should have bought some of this instead of booking the van in for the roof wrapping in a few days lol

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going to give this a go, doing the wheels then full re spray.

Anyone know if you can wax/ seal after cleaning?

Also what's it like on insurance with a colour change?

Last edited:
  Clio 197
He has some balls , I did prefer it how it was before though. I can't help thinking a close up inspection would let it down - door shuts etc.

Cup In bits
He has some balls , I did prefer it how it was before though. I can't help thinking a close up inspection would let it down - door shuts etc.

If its not sprayed on thick then it just rubs off and tears if you pull it over a sharp edge or across a panel gap. Stonechip's are dealt with by cleaning and a good thick layer to key to the old. A couple of my mates have used it now to de chrome their Audi's as previously said in here. Its not a glass smooth finish but that's why it's in matte effect, can't help but think adding the lawyer would just look like a bad paint job (orange peel)

O

Oakley12

nice idea :) using the full kit with spray gun or rattle cans?

I think I'll do my roof with a rattle can and see how it goes.

Im pretty sure that every 6 months it has to be re-done. That's what my brother told me last night. But I'm sure a good clean over and another layer or two would do just fine, rather than peeling it all of and re-doing it.

Also durability is good, if you don't kerb your wheels it'd say it'll last a good 6 months.

Passat 170 DSG Wagon
I did the wheels on my vRS with this stuff and it came out brilliantly. I think I used about 1 can per wheel, maybe just over. That was for 16s'.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
not a bad idea but id rather buy a proper paint gun and do it properly. if it comes off with just a thumb rub i cant imagine it lasting to long on a daily.

Clio172cup rally car
I'm really considering doing this to my rally car, much cheaper than a vinyl wrap and so easy to do! just how durable is it? That's my only concern

Cup In bits
It only comes off with a rub if its light overspray, thick layers like I already said will have to be peeled off. If your a doubter and I know I was very sceptical about it then buy a can and have a go, what's the worst that can happen?!?!? You have to peel it off!!!