ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grand Theft Auto V

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
So much love for Vice City in here, and I agree, best GTA ever.

Hence why I'd like a remake of it, although San Andreas looks more likely.

Petrol Blue 182.
gta 3 was good, i think because you'd never seen a game in those dynamics before (for me anyway) but Vice city was amazing and i liked how big S.A was, tuning cars, owning houses, flying planes etc. I hope they bring that all back in V

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
3 - October 22nd
Vice City - November 8th
San Andreas - October 29th
IV - 29th April

4 slipped massively IIRC, it was scheduled to be released around the same time as the others

Goliath I
IV was b****cks tbh

Felt Saints Row was more GTA than GTA

Hope they've swayed from the hard realism and allowed a bit ott. They are releasing GTA on Ipad etc... too

http://kotaku.com/5853279/grand-theft-auto-v-will-be-set-in-los-angeles-may-star-multiple-characters

Grand Theft Auto V Will Be Set in Los Angeles, May Star Multiple Characters
Strengthening long-standing rumors for years that the next Grand Theft Auto would be set in Los Angeles or a fictional version thereof, a source familiar with the game told Kotaku today that those rumors are true. GTA V will be set in some version of L.A., bringing the famous franchise to a place that last got the GTA treatment in the series' top-selling Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. (So much for our other dream GTA V cities.)

We're also hearing from multiple sources that the game will feature more than just one playable character. That would seem to be a natural evolution for the series. Following the release of the PlayStation 2's Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto Vice City, PSP games set in the same cities as those console games let players control a single new character apiece. Those portable games helped establish the idea that there's more than one life worth living in a Rockstar-made GTA city.

Then, following the release of Grand Theft Auto IV the series' creators at Rockstar Games allowed gamers to play as a second and then a third character in the exact same high-definition version of Liberty City. Those who bought the base game and the two downloadable episodes could choose from the GTA IV's menu whether to play as Niko Bellic, Johnny Klebitz or Luis Lopez. Each had their own lengthy, interesting and distinct playable story. A GTA V that features more than one playable hero would extend this concept further.

Back when GTA IV was being shown to press, Rockstar representatives would stress the importance of the number in the title. As successful as Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas were, they noted, it was the game that preceded them, GTA III that was a paradigm shift. They hoped and believed that GTA IV, by being a numbered game would have and merit some outsized influence of its own. If that is still the company's philosophy, then after Grand Theft Auto IV's un-numbered episodes, The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, a numbered GTA V should again merit special attention. Shifting cities was not sufficient cause for a new numbered GTA before. A change to the series' formula, however, one that gives players more than one controllable character, would.

Rockstar has had a lot of experience with L.A., working with Team Bondi to create a mid-20th-century version of it for this year's L.A. Noire, presenting a drive-able version in Midnight Club and, most famously of all, turning it into the amazing Los Santos as one of three featured cities in GTA: San Andreas.

Rockstar Games did not respond to requests for comment about GTA V today. Should we hear them, we'll update this piece. Otherwise, look for the official trailer for the new game on November 2

275 Trophy
The quote above mentions Rock Star's Midnight Club (LA). Anybody play(ed) it? I think it's a brilliant game.

If GTA V had it's level of vehical dynamics, tuning & style, it would be emense. In fact, they've mapped LA pretty well spot on already in MCLA. If they could add the rest of the GTA world (on foot stuff & weapons) to MCLA then I think they would have their paradigm shift.

Thoughts?

Clio Dynamique 1.4
The quote above mentions Rock Star's Midnight Club (LA). Anybody play(ed) it? I think it's a brilliant game.

If GTA V had it's level of vehical dynamics, tuning & style, it would be emense. In fact, they've mapped LA pretty well spot on already in MCLA. If they could add the rest of the GTA world (on foot stuff & weapons) to MCLA then I think they would have their paradigm shift.

Thoughts?

I played that brilliant game spent a good few hours designing cars and motorbikes. it was different to Need for speed and much more enjoyable to the NFS out at the time... Really looking forward too the new GTA.

I think Rockstar made IV as dissapointing as it was (except The Ballad of Gay Tony) intentionally, to set everyone up for this forthcoming masterpiece.

It will be set around the entire planet iirc.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'm probably on my own, but I thought that IV was brilliant.

Nope not alone, thoroughly enjoyed the missions, characters and the whole feel of the game. Only a couple of negatives to it, the main one being having to keep doing tedious social s**t with some of the characters to keep them on side and the various perks that gave available. It really screwed the flow of the game when you were working through missions only to be dragged away to deal with them.

Was the gaming equivalent of having a needy girlfriend.

I'm a bit disappointed if it's going to be LA again.

San Andreas was far far too big.

I wanted something totally different. It's just going to be more gangs again. I'll still buy it and play it for hours and hours.

Vice City > All.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
This thread makes me want to play IV again. Online was hilarious!

Octy VRS
Nothing was more satisfying than chasing a car down one of the airport runways in a helicopter.
Loved doing that. The bank job mission was good, like Heat. I left 4 halfway through for about a year then finished it this year and then the dlc. Omid Djali was hilarious in TBOGT.

Nippy white cup
I'm a bit disappointed if it's going to be LA again.

I wanted something totally different. It's just going to be more gangs again. I'll still buy it and play it for hours and hours.

Vice City > All.

+1 for this...I loved Vice City.....not sure if it was all the movie references (mostly Scarface) or the music (I'm old lol) or the fact that it was so much better than the original but it just seemed soo good. I can't wait to find out about this now and I also want to go on the GTIV now as well lol

DCi 100

Vice City > All.

If you didn't have a plane it was like 25 minute drive to the other side of the map >_<

Vice City was the best one going. Although I did feel a bit sad when I went back to play it this year and noticed how actually awful the visuals actually are!

GTA IV IMO was alright but missing all the house buying stuff etc from previous ones made it somewhat shallow.

VC was a good size I think. You could get from the top of one island to the bottom of the other fairly quickly really.

With it being fairly compact you soon learn where things are and you didn't get lost as easily.

This was in the days before we had internet at home. Get in from school and play it for hours :D