ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GP

An orange one
love these, would definately consider one next after the twingo , although i cant have 2, 2 seater cars i dont think :(

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
The earlier 03 car was nice, but the build quality lacked a little and it had a few niggles. Still a great car.

The turbo was much better on fuel, build was ten-fold better but it was off the pace standard. I never modified this one.

The GP is just brutal. Very raw, no back seats and the lack of sound deadening makes the works exhaust sound rip through the cabin. Bags of torque anywhere in the rev range, and its a solid car inside.

Without trying to be biased, the GP is the best of the lot. But then, its the most expensive. It certainly feels special to drive.

S4 Avant
Quite like these, seating position is awesome, sound awesome and go like stink.

The only criticism I'd have is the lack of rear seats makes the exhaust a bit boomy and drowns out the 'charger whine.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Mine wasn't boomy till all my baffles fell out due to the flames and bangs, used to have awesome whine with standard exhaust and a ITG filter + de-flapped box

S4 Avant
Mine wasn't boomy till all my baffles fell out due to the flames and bangs, used to have awesome whine with standard exhaust and a ITG filter + de-flapped box

It needs fixing then! You're first one sounded awesome.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I love these. Properly love them.

The definitive modern hot hatch imo.

When you say modern do you mean dull?? Don't get me wrong they're a nice motor but I had the privaledge of driving one back to back with a Clio trophy and the trophy felt like a proper hatch where the mini just feels like a quick car. I do prefer a rawer car though so maybe it's just my taste. 172cup I think has the mix of old school/modern hatch crown.

MCS R56
Nice car although I never loved the styling of the GP. I'm sure it's class to drive though.

I've just picked a new Cooper S and I'm loving it. I didn't think I'd ever own one but glad I have. It's not quite as fast as I thought but handles well and the toys are good.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Yeah, get it down to Imran at Evolve. That will sort your power out.

The R56 stock has a terrible torque curve, really drops off. With a map, it will come alive. Regret never getting mine done tbh.

Nimbus Megane R26
saw you before in it sam, does look nice i must admit. Didnt like the wheels on them at first but they are growing on me!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Aye, just had new tyres and braided lines fitted today. Just got back now, I'm going to get some TD 1.2's for track use etc... these ones mark too easily, they will be nackered by the end of winter too.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
I know mate, I think I might get a Newman and down pipe for it... I'm trying to resist aghhh.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
id be slightly wary of the newman cams at the moment they've had a dodgy batch out recently which resulted in a few cars going bang apparently!

one of the reasons 1320Mini have stopped selling them...

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
I didnt know that mate, cheers. What are they running on the forum now?

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Nah mate, its great.

I never have to drive to the football anymore, cant give lifts to the airport. Its brilliant. Best things ive ever done! LOL

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
LOL! Know what you mean, I love being able to just say no.

It just seems a bit odd to me that it looks like a four seater, but isn't. Like I'd have to explain all the time to people when they couldn't get in it. :eek:

Is it literally just a rear strut brace that means you've got no back seats?? So you could fit some?

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
It goes across where the lap of the rear seats would be, so they cant go there anymore.

I'm still young, have no kids etc.. so needed to get this out of my system before I grow old and the Mrs wants to breed LOL

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Roy right, they take the xenons off it because then it go faster.

I suppose I wouldnt mind spending a little more with the piece of mind that the engine wont go 'pop'... well, I suppose reduce the risk of that.