ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my 182. 1 Question for 182 owners!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Hi peeps,

Got my 182 on Firday. Well chuffed. Awesome machine. However, before I write more regarding the wonders of black beauty, I have one question. Today, I lifted the bonnet to see how my newly fitted BMC CDA was doing; Fine. Anyway, I put the ignition on (not the engine) and there was a continuous beeping noise from the engine bay. Thought it was a bit strange, it was like a warning drone. So I shut the bonnet thinking it was warning me that the ignition was on and a door was open. The noise could still be heard (obviously not as clearly). Hmm, any ideas what it is? When I pop the bonnet and sit in the cabin and put the ignition on I cant hear it. Its only when I am by the engine bay with the bonnet up. As soon as I put the engine on I dont know whether the beep is still there as I cant hear anything but the engine! Can 182 owners (or even 172 owners possibly) turn the key so the dash lights up but not start the engine, lift the bonnet and check to hear if you have an audible noise too?

Thanks. By the way the car is superb. Done 370 miles and its started to loosen up a bit more :D

Lee

BMW M2C

Hi,

Ive just been to check on mine, the 172 does exactly the same thing. We noticed it the other week while we were proding around under the bonnet of someone elses car oddly enough.

Lee

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Cheers Lee. Just curious to know what it is more than anything. It seems like a warning noise under the rocker cover. Perhaps alerting you to the fact that the ignition is on or something. Pretty annoying but if you dont care about it then it makes the noise 100% better :) I do care however :(

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Quote: Originally posted by Bradfordlad on 02 May 2004

could be alarm telling u bonnet open?
Thats what I originally thought, but when closing the bonnet the noise is still heard, albeit much quieter obviously.

Having heard that Lee has heard the same thing on his 172, are there any other owners who have the same noise? Hopefully everyone :)

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member

yep nothing to worry about all renault do it its just the electronic throttle body getting ready for if your going to start the car.