ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got Carbonitus?

Picked up and fitted Renault OEM CF bonnet yesterday, totally wrong time of year as i got no money for Xmas... but sod it.

not available to buy yet but this was one sent to Aston Marin by Renault, as Aston are starting to use CF on am mass scale in the new cars, esp on their bonnets/wings.

Cf2.jpg

excuse crappy 1920s wipers and quality of pics, its cold and im not in't mood to clean car, also front bumper is causing the slight gap (if anyone picks up on that or has to note it) fits perfect tho :approve:

Cf4.jpg

Cf3.jpg

FIN

Turbos.
Nice to have the first one! They suit black cars best, more subtle that way IMO. Shame the bonnet doesn't extend nearer to the Renault badge.

do you know the weight diff?

new one with one hand... old one with two

lol sorry no i actually didnt get the chance to weigh. its the '26R' one and doesnt have as much fibreglass support as the Ktec one so will be a little lighter still.

but all adds up, when spring comes and the rest of the car is lightened, i hope, to see the main benefits

Nice to have the first one! They suit black cars best, more subtle that way IMO. Shame the bonnet doesn't extend nearer to the Renault badge.

yeh, worse on the 197 mind! single sheet of carbon could cover that badboy! yeh subtle is the key (says the boy with LY badges!!) cheers tho lover

Spot on, Naith

R26.R Cage next

coilys first ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'm sure there was a blue F1 with the r26r bonnet for sale on pheads a week ago?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Yeah there's a LY 225 in York with a r26r one on too.

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
So THAT'S what you were off to get....
I can't see it cause I'm at work.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
It's ok though. His is on french plates due to his family being over there.

So technically yours is the only UK based one!

yay! lol, bet he does some fair miles!

always good to see others modding tho and building cars up, u'll have to get some pics up

totallllly diff beast now anyhoo since last whoring out, 45 more bhp and equal torque increase too.

u can ride us anytime turner x

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
yay! lol, bet he does some fair miles!

always good to see others modding tho and building cars up, u'll have to get some pics up

I'll get some if i'm up his way again and his car is there. It is a 2007 one and its on over 120,000km lol That was when i saw him in Sept.