ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

got bored and went on gocompare, and laughed alot

BG 182
I currently pay 1300 on the 182 which for 2 ncb and a claim at 20 ain't bad.

Anyway, did a quote on a megane 225...... £4500 wtf?

Nearly 4 times as much for 47 ps extra

Epic fail.

This one ^ (someday)
Insurance is so so stupid, absolutely no consistency at all!

I got a quote for the Scirocco and my lowest quote (i only got one back!) was £25,000! Thank f**k for fleet insurance :race:

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I got a quote for £860 once on an M3, got a call asking why I didn't take it and could they improve their offer...

Errrm, I drive a clio mate.

Ford Mustang 5.0
I currently pay 1300 on the 182 which for 2 ncb and a claim at 20 ain't bad.

Anyway, did a quote on a megane 225...... £4500 wtf?

Nearly 4 times as much for 47 ps extra

Epic fail.

When you turn 21 mate you should notice a very healthy reduction in price even with the claim on the record. £4500 does sound a bit steep though doesnt it :)

Neil
Greenlight
Best Regards

Renault Clio MK4 RS
When you turn 21 mate you should notice a very healthy reduction in price even with the claim on the record. £4500 does sound a bit steep though doesnt it :)

Neil
Greenlight
Best Regards

I was on go compare before, when i was looking for a first car for myself a few months back before id got a clio 1.2.. I got a quote for a 1.4 astra... £7900! well maybe a bit over that actually! My heart almost stopped beating! being 19 with 6 points does not help but still, how can they try make you pay as much as what i practically earn a year?! im on my clio now on tpf&f and its £2721 which to me is very low but to others its shockingly high :p

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
I did this the other day, been looking at 350z's, fancy something different next summer. That came out as 1600 with mods declared, I was pleasantly surprised tbh.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Went on Go Compare last year at renewal time, my renewal was in around £450

Best price on GC was over £7k and thats before you consider any mods!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I got a quote through money supermarket on my focus earlier this year. Some of the companies wanted £4500!!! In the end I managed to get insured for something like £500 comprehensive for the year.

RS6 C7
CONFUSED.COM always seems to give me the best quotes, I'm also 20.

I paid £1000 to insure a 180bhp A3, Clio trophy was around £1700 but i haven't taken a policy out yet. I only have 1 years NCB as i kept swapping cars when i passed.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Last year i was paying 2k for my 172 as i had no ncb. (Yes... i know) that was with kwickfit.

I got my renewal through which was 4600 so i obviously looked elsewhere. Got a quote for 1200 so i called kwickfit to see what they could do, and to tell them i didnt want to renew, straight away they managed to get down to 1400.

WTF?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
i cannot wait to get my insurance back for the two dci's :D

this year was 3k all in all for both dci's.

wonder how much they will rape me of come august next year

Megane r26
Can't believe some of the quotes you guys get, I ain't paid over a grand for the last 3 years an in that time I've had a 172, 197 an a trophy. All modified an all declared an I'm only 23 now!

Can't believe some of the quotes you guys get, I ain't paid over a grand for the last 3 years an in that time I've had a 172, 197 an a trophy. All modified an all declared an I'm only 23 now!
It depends on postcodes though. I'm 23 on a Trophy and paying over a grand just because I live in Greater Manchester.

Megane r26
It depends on postcodes though. I'm 23 on a Trophy and paying over a grand just because I live in Greater Manchester.

Yeah suppose, where I live is a medium risk now days thanks to a few recent high profile cars going walkies, plus I have nearly got 6years ncb

Neil
Greenlight
Best Regards

would you guys give me a quote for my 1.2 with mods come january (I turn 21 in january and im re-newing around then, i currently have no points, will have 3 years no claims by the 19th of this month anyway as I started driving at 17)

no REAL power enhancing mods mind...

mods: aftermarket wheels, coilovers, RS grille, 172 rear bumper, 172/182 interior, tinted windows, after market HU, after market speakers (upgraded standard ones) and a box with twin subwoofers and amp (all built in), stainless steel cat-back exhaust, fat megane splitter and a bonnet bra and i think thats about it.... (pics available to confirm)

will probably add a couple of bits over the policy but would obviously inform you and expect an increase...

cheers

Clio 2, 1.2 16V
The only thing that car insurance comparison websites are doing is inflating the cost of car insurance by making it so much more expensive than it needs to be.