ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got a dent in my roof!

R26
Looks like a firework or something has bounced off my roof!

Not a huge dent, quite small but its got a crease through the middle!

Not sure how easy it will be to repair?

Anyone else got any dents from the firework season? :(

P

phill172

iv got about 5 in my roof, all at the front aswell, dent guy said he couldnt get them out.....mmmmmm.....might get someone elses opionion

My 172 roof is thin as f**k. Ask Ady182, he pc'd it and said it was bad.

I even got a dent in it from parking under a tree and something falling on it. Dent devils got it out it about 15 mins.

106 GTi
iv got about 5 in my roof, all at the front aswell, dent guy said he couldnt get them out.....mmmmmm.....might get someone elses opionion

A decent PDR guy should be able to sort them if they are not to bad. I had some on my old 306 done.

Clio roofs seem to be made out of tin foil.

Punto/Clio GTT
when i dropped the sunroof out of my old mk1, the actual roof could be pushed down about 8 inch.

theres no reinforcement there at all whatsoever, thin as f**k they are

del

2004 Clio Cup 172
its bit of a pig too cos the dents r at eye level so easy to spot!
ive heard of ppl rolling dents in the roof out from the underside. it depends on how fussy u r really, my mate had a dent guy remove a dent but afta he had done that u could see hammer marks around it where he had tapped it made more of a mess than he had to start with!

106 GTi
Using up to date techniques the above should not be needed. The guy who does bits for me uses hotglue to remove them without having to get behind them.

R26
Heres a couple of pics of the dent, doesnt look that bad at all

Was quite hard to get a good pic but i got the best one on my phone

dent1.jpg

dent2.jpg

P

phill172

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
just like mine, but mine are all at the front about 2-5cm apart, maybe something falling off trees? i just dont know what caused it!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I had a couple like that Jacko in my roof . The pdr guy got them out no problem , only took him a couple of minutes .

R26
Popped out at lunch to see someone and ive been quoted at £60 + VAT

Said the only way he can do is from the inside :(

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Anyone know if that price sounds about right?

And that they have to take the roof lining out to get to it?

The guy i used charged me £90 to remove 4 dents . 2 in the roof , 1 in the drivers door and 1 in the rear panel .

He told me they are a bit of a pain cos the roof lining is usually bonded to the roof . He went in from the back , pulled the seal off and did his stuff .

£60 plus VAT seems a little steep , but if he does a good job then it's money well spent imo . Search yell.com for local pdr guys , you might find one a bit cheaper .

Tangoed Works
i have one from a firework last year. as rich says, get someone to use upto date techniques. once that roof lining comes off, it wont go back on the same again.