ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Google "Project Glass"

Mk1 Focus RS
been hearing about this on a few design websites. i definatly think its the future, but i doubt it will be any time soon.

a great idea though!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Obviously needs a phone to run the show. But very cool.

Listerine & Poledo
So we're moving into a world where the human mind can become even more vacant and underused, provided you've got a phon in your pocket... with some charge in it.

I hear that teadchers are saying that kids shouldn't be learning facts at school, because they've got smartphones. They should just focus on soft-skills (problem solving and so forth)

So, now Wikipedia will replace real knowledge? This will only end well.

Modern world. It's being built to appeal to the r****d masses

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Goodj do you know that spelling isn't marked as much in school anymore especially in high school.

Listerine & Poledo
DAMNIT! I missed out on doing my amends by merely seconds.

I'm going to have to start using the spellcheck on this forum, I'm embarassing myself with my slack typing.

And what it will end up looking like...

HNGO4.jpg

:p

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
this is very possible with todays technology, but can you imagin the hazard it could casue if a image of carmen electra pops up in front of you when crossing the road and you trip over that dog you didnt see...

Does anyone plan on buying into this?

Personally I'd rather kill myself, but I have a sinking feeling I'm probably in the minority.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Personally I'd rather kill myself, but I have a sinking feeling I'm probably in the minority.

I wouldn't put it quite like that but I agree. I think there's still social factors to overcome before people will openly walk around with those on their head.

2014 Focus Titanium

Why? I've got to admit I would love to buy a pair. I probably wouldn't wear them that much, but for particular occasions I imagine they would be fantastic.

It doesn't bring anything new to the table that I can't already do tbh

Disagree completely.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
its way too invasive, but i think eventually this will be a fairly common device.

the thing you have to get round is society accepting it, which wont be for a long long time.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I can't be arsed to view the video. Can we have a breakdown?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Could come in handy for entertainment when walking the dog. Could be handy for work for me. Other than that pointless

AB182, Audi A5 3.0

still very basic at the moment then. It will get more interesting and have more unique purpose when it can act like a real heads-up display. i.e showing you live information about shops/objects as you walk down the road, being able to highlight your friends in a crowd etc. But to do that, it needs to be fill screen, not just a little bit on the top corner.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

Perhaps once it stops being the price of lots of other things I should be buying instead, I'd consider it.

Only for twenty minutes though before it ended up yet another gadget consigned to a shelf

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I think the idea is great, but it's just a novelty. I find any voice activated gadgets that you have to talk to are pretty infuriating. Until they come up with something you can have a proper conversation with instead of just barking commands at it'll never really take off.