ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Google Nexus 6/X

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
49a2b56e19a746965ed1b91067a3987f.jpg

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
i have got a nexus 5 atm, think i will wait and see what the Droid Turbo is like :smile:
Hah, good one.
Might be a touch expensive to build a proprietary network in the uk for it to run on.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Basically, if you are determined to have an android phone soon and you don't get this as your next handset you are a r****d.
Nothing comes close. Not even the poundlandmegashed that is the OPO.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Basically, if you are determined to have an android phone soon and you don't get this as your next handset you are a r****d.
Nothing comes close. Not even the poundlandmegashed that is the OPO.
Lol.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
could not find anything saying the Droid is not being released in the UK 😧
Would an imported one work in Britain with tweaks at?

I do enjoy Tom's posts in this section. :eek: Anyone know the difference in height between the iPhone6 and the Nexus?

The screen size is never the issue it's the fact that the iPhone6 is so slim and tall, it feels weird. The 6 is a nice proportion.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Would an imported one work in Britain with tweaks at?

I do enjoy Tom's posts in this section. :blush: Anyone know the difference in height between the iPhone6 and the Nexus?

The screen size is never the issue it's the fact that the iPhone6 is so slim and tall, it feels weird. The 6 is a nice proportion.

iphone-6-plus-vs-nexus-6.jpg

iPhone 6 Plus measures 158.1 x 77.8 x 7.1mm
Nexus 6 measures 159.26 x 82.98 x 10.06mm

Not a vast difference but the Nexus 6 has much smaller bezels. It is also curved at the back so it wouldn't be 10mm all the way round.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
LOL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still want that POS Note 4?

Yes. :eek: I hope the Samsung has the option to amend the snooze minutes on my alarm, turns out Apple still think they know best in that department. Small things.

Out of curiosity why do you think the Note is so bad yet reviewers biased and not have raved about it?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
So looking at that picture, once the 6+ has a bumper on its actually bigger and has a smaller screen.

Comparatively they aren't much different in size. I'm going to end up with one aren't I :(

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Touchwiz, build quality and spec.
TW okay I accept, personally I like the look of all the many hundreds of millions of features and tweaks I can do. I might hate it eventually. Build quality.. it's the best Samsung to date and felt great in hand... it's a million miles from Apple. It felt nicer to hold than the G3 and Z3.

Spec I don't get though, it's still the flagship phone spec wise. Infact isn't the Nexus 6 the exact same spec? It also has many pros. storage, removable battery, stylus (to some), multi tasking, camera.

2014 Focus Titanium
The problem is that a lot of the features (IMO) are fads. The multitasking for example, I think I used it once when I had my Samsung. I just didn't see the point when you can flip between apps so quickly. The performance hit far outweighs all the features in my (and many others') opinion.

Go on Gally, get a Nexus 6 you know it makes sense! :D

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I hear you say the performance fit. No one in here has used the Note 4, I assume anyway. The massive tech geek reviewers experienced no lag. You can also strip back the apps, bit of greenify you guys talk about. Seen another tip on YT about speeding things up even more than standard.

I feel you guys are being slightly unfair on the phone because it's a Samsung with TW and it "should" be s**t.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I'm going to want to root it, so that rules out the Note 4 instantly. I tried it in the shop, scroll left off the home screen to what looks like a news feed and that took a notable amount of time to render and a delay in actually switching screen.

I'd also want to remove all the extra apps etc and not just hibernate them, that's all greenify can do unless you root and use something else.

2014 Focus Titanium
I hear you say the performance fit. No one in here has used the Note 4, I assume anyway. The massive tech geek reviewers experienced no lag. You can also strip back the apps, bit of greenify you guys talk about. Seen another tip on YT about speeding things up even more than standard.

I feel you guys are being slightly unfair on the phone because it's a Samsung with TW and it "should" be s**t.

You are right I haven't tried the Note 4 so you could say that we're being overly harsh with no proof, I'm just going off previous experience. The S3 was slow as s**t, they said they'd improved it a lot in the S4, which was still slow and s**t, and then they said they'd improved on that again in the S5, which is still laggy as s**t.

I know the Note series are more powerful but I've yet to see any evidence that that will overcome the resource hog of TW. I also (in the other thread I think) mentioned previously that in the only video review of the Note 4 I've seen I could instantly see lag and delay when the guy was using it. I hope I'm proved wrong though as it would be good to have another manufacturer of phones to choose from.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
All the decent reviews i've seen still mention the bloatware of touchwiz not to mention the annoying bleep bloop water noises, touchwiz is hideous and simply unnecessary on the most part.
Plus the 6 has unmolested lollypop out of the box and it looks lovely. (almost nicer than iOS)
In a year or so it will run Milkshake/muffin/marshmallow or whatever when it gets released.
The Note 4 will probably still be on 4.4.4 and you'd have lost the stylus.

Clio Trophy
I admit I'm no mobile phone expert and I do not follow the market all that closely, but there seems to be plenty of websites out there that seem to think there will be a UK version of the droid turbo, unless you can show me other wise?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I admit I'm no mobile phone expert and I do not follow the market all that closely, but there seems to be plenty of websites out there that seem to think there will be a UK version of the droid turbo, unless you can show me other wise?

There might be a european variant but i doubt it as it would compete with the Moto x
Droid is licenced from Lucasfilm by Verizon so it wont be called Droid Turbo. More than likely you've read an article on a site that carries US news too.

Skoda Fabia vRS
any chance of the 5 coming down in price ?

im on a 4 at the moment and if i can get a 5 cheap enough i might switch to that for now

who makes the One Plus One, never heard of it before...........does it run stock android ?

Last edited:
  2014 Focus Titanium
any chance of the 5 coming down in price ?

im on a 4 at the moment and if i can get a 5 cheap enough i might switch to that for now

who makes the One Plus One, never heard of it before...........does it run stock android ?
Very much doubt it mate, even though it's technically a year old the 5 is still an absolute bargain at it's original price!

Inferno 182 CUP
My 5 as I said before is for sale .. It's mint. Used for about 2 months before the new iPhone arrived. Has a glass screen protector fitted since the day it came from the box along with an official LG bumper case. Someone can have the whole lot including postage for £200 before it goes on eBay. It looks brand new