ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Google Nexus 6/X

I believe this phone will be announced shortly, expecially with the iPhone 6 now revealed.

Rumours are that it may have a 5.2" screen whilst keeping the dimensions very similar to the Nexus 5.

Leaked specs are here, these may not be real, but looks pretty good:

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/mobi...-nexus-x-release-date-price-specs-and-rumours

1440x2560 5.2" screen
3GB RAM
Qualcomm Snapdragon 805
Android L

Sure more will surface soon. Hoping prices will not rise too much above the Nexus 5 prices.

2014 Focus Titanium
If history is anything to go by, look at being announced 31st October and available within a day or two.

This will be WELL worth the wait I would imagine, the main things I am looking for is a slightly bigger screen (5.2-5.5"), better battery and camera. 1440p screen would be awesome but not sure how much we would actually benefit from it. An SD card slot would be nice, or a 128gb version.

I, like many am hoping for a similar price to the 5 but I'm sure it will be inflated, just hopefully not stupid. I'd expect £349 for the base model and £399 for the higher memory, or something along those lines. Purely my view though, based on nothingm lol.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Interesting. I'll keep an eye out. It's a shame the G4 wasn't this year I think it would have won me over.

I may end up with a note 4 and sell for a G4 or new M8 next year.

2014 Focus Titanium
Gally it's well worth trying pure Android with the Nexus (or whatever) series, without any skin overlayed on top it's as good of an Android experience as you'll get!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
So I hear. I never understood touchwiz and all that nonsense but pure Android always appealed. I just hate buying phones that are out of date a week later hence owning iPhones. All the flagship ones have been out for ages now sadly.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
They won't add an SD card slot on any Nexus phone imo. So if that's what you're after you're s**t out of luck.

As for screen size I think the Nexus 5 is pretty much spot on. Any bigger and it will become difficult to reach all corners of the screen without two hands.

I'm still on a Nexus 4 but will be getting a 6 or X or whatever it's called on release.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
They won't add an SD card slot on any Nexus phone imo. So if that's what you're after you're s**t out of luck.

As for screen size I think the Nexus 5 is pretty much spot on. Any bigger and it will become difficult to reach all corners of the screen without two hands.

I'm still on a Nexus 4 but will be getting a 6 or X or whatever it's called on release.

I struggle to reach the corners of the 5, but I do have girls hands :(

Pretty sure I'll sell my 5 and buy a 6 when it's released

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Doesn't it have a slot on the side like Apple's sim slot?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not gonna happen for me I'm afraid. It'll no doubt be changed for 6/X.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Yep. I play around with various Android devices daily and the Nexus 5 is spot on size wise for me.

Only thing that stopped me getting one was the rubbery back. I REALLY want a metal back on my phone, and not some crappy bendy one either. I think the unibody design on the iPhone 6 is a great idea, apart from how hot it will get in your hand/pocket.

If some Android phone maker could just come up with something as ergonomically/aesthetically pleasing as an iPhone it'd be game over for Apple.
gally if you go for Android, just make sure you get the full use out of it. Google Now is phenomenal and I honestly couldn't live without it these days. I never thought I'd rely on a phone for so much, but the great thing is I can go on ANY web browser and view my notes, calendar, Google Drive storage etc etc. I use Google Keep for literally everything too.

On that note, I've just realised how fucked I'd be if anyone got my gmail login details...

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I agree about not needing expandable memory any more. Why do you need more than 32gb? I've got my Nexus 5, have never ran out of memory with it but I do back up my files to my computer plus to Google drive/ G+

Gally, if you dont want pure Android and want the very latest then look at the Z3/ Z3 Mini when thats out this month. Very well specced phone.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I won't buy a non flagship phone mate. Z3 hasn't impressed nor did the Z2. Nice phones but G3 and M8 were much nicer.

Rhys the M8 is built superbly. Closest to iPhone I felt.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Z3? Have you seen one yet to have a look? They aren't out until the end of the month and is the only phone that is being touted to go head to head with the new iphone unitl the new Nexus comes out. Its a pretty impressive specced phone. Better spec than the M8 or the G3.
You must have got it mixed up the the Z1.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Well, that comparison says the Note wins the first few but seems to favour the Z3 towards the end. Very little in it, depending how you use your phone.
I must have missed it when you said you were considering a Note.

My mate has a Note 2 and its big. A lot bigger than my Nexus 5 but the dual screen is very handy.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed. The 3/4 is 5.7". Surprisingly doesn't feel that big. And the new one is even thinner and better designed.

2014 Focus Titanium
With Google Drive and Play I genuinely need zero onboard storage. Don't write Android off just on that.

I must be one of the few people who does care about storage. Although I have everything backup up to the cloud it does frustrate me a little because 32GB is nowhere near enough for all my music, and since I do most of my driving in a non-3G area I have to play whatever is on my phone, which is maxed out.

Only a minor grip but I want 64GB minimum from the next Nexi.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
There will not be a nexus device with removable storage. Google tell their OEMS not to fit them but they still go ahead and do it.

If you want expandable memory then you'll have to go with an inferior device.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Like a Sham-sung. I love my Note3 and had the 2 before it... never had a problem with using it or getting it in to my pockets with a Spigen case installed. If one handed operation is that important you can switch an option on that allows it but to me the whole point of having a larger screen is to maximise everything to make best use of the real estate.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Are you still a fan Nick? Would you stay with the Note? 4?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The Note 3, yes but the Note 4 seems a bit rushed and an update purely to say they've got a "new" device out when there's nothing wrong with the Note 3 (the Galaxy Alpha looks nice).

I'd always planned to go back to iOS this time round though which is why I've got a 128Gb 6+ coming next Friday but the real thing that pissed me off was Samsung and there terrible customer service!

The Kit-Kat update added some firmware updates (to stop 3rd party smart covers working) and it bricked my snazzy new device. They sent me to places no human should ever go, which didn't fix it, before finally admitting 4 weeks later that the device needed replacing... That took a further 6 weeks.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That's one of the main reasons people go Apple. Service.

If Motorola make it, I think it'll have a MicroSD slot. But if it stays with LG, I don't think it will get one.

The reason for the Nexus devices is to get users to use the Google ecosystem. A SD slot will prevent people from using Google Drive so you'll never see one in a Nexus unfortunately.

Tbh if internal storage is a decent size, and you don't have to pay over the odds for it (like at Apple with their 32gb/64gb and 100 quid price difference...), then no MicroSD is not really an issue tbh.

I don't think it'll be long before we see 128gb internal, rather than the 64gb :]

Hopefully pick up a new phone, contract ends today, just waiting on GiffGaff sim to turn up now (bit slow).

I've been reading the predictions for this, looks interesting, I have the nexus tablet so have decided to go for this when it comes out, am I right in thinking the information will be out mid October and hopefully available to buy soon after?.

I just hope the screen isnt ridiculously big.