ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodbye 200!

GTD, Lupo
Well the 200 went back to Renault today and to be honest I was a little gutted. I returned it to as standard as I could get it and I even gave it a little clean.

Totally forgot how good the speedlines looked!

DSC_0451_zps05f9de9d.jpg

DSC_0454_zps48c6af11.jpg

For the first time since passing my test (14 years ago :eek:) I don't have a car! I feel lost.

GTD, Lupo
How comes it went back to renault? :(

Also, you say back to standard, any interesting bits for sale? ;)

Paint issues, they compensated me for the hassle and I managed to reject the car.

i only have a few bits left. Projectors/HIDs and OZ Ultras in satin black.

GTD, Lupo
Shame :( what's next?

shouldve left the ultras on it and sold me the Speedlines! :rasp:

I almost had to, some of the spigot rings decided they didn't want to leave the car and became one with the hubs! I'm a little undecided as to what is next. We are going to upgrade the wife's VW Up to a new Octavia VRS estate and as I don't have a massive need for a car I'm looking to get something as a weekend toy. My list includes:

Trophy
LY 182
Mk2 Golf

I don't really want to spend anymore than £6k as it will hardly be getting driven. It's a hard choice...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I love the Silverstone. I think the colour and speedlines worked so well for the 200! Immense looking thing!

Such a shame about the issues.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
The 200 served you well mate, all the problems aside. Shame to see it go but it must be pleasing knowing it's all done before you head east.

Think about the replacement when you're back next year, and you're always welcome to take the Trophy out for a spin.

GTD, Lupo
Thanks guys! Sorry to say I don't have the springs anymore.

As as for the VRs, it will be through work and I'm not allowed to take it abroad, plus I don't think I will have it till this time next year :(

Well 2 days in now and I'm doing ok! Little gutted I missed you guys last night due to an admin error thinking you were going tonight. Tim is taking me for a drink in a bit as I'm an idiot :)

Im looking forward to getting my hands on a Trophy! Will be doing lots f shopping whilst I'm away.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I loved this car so much even with the paint problems. Glad that you finally got a result from Renault though mate.

GTD, Lupo
I loved this car so much even with the paint problems. Glad that you finally got a result from Renault though mate.

Cheers bud! Good to see you got yours back in one piece!

What were the paint problems out of interest ?

A multitude of problems to be honest. Every panel had a major fault by the time it had its 5th respray.

Just to give you an idea.

DSC_0325_zpsa714f4c2.jpg

DSC_0368_zps1aaef4a0.jpg

Will soon be someone else's problem once the car is auctioned off. I await a post from someone with a new 200 Silverstone #44 :eek: