ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going to view a 200 today....

LY 200
Feels like I have been out of the game for so long that I need some advise on what to look out for?

The cars less than a year old and only on 3k so whilst it should be fresh I'm still abit cautious as to why it's been given back already.

I have never had any problems with Clios personally but going by what people say on here I suppose theres always a first and I really don't fancy getting caught out so if there are any obvious's that I need to watch out for I'd appreciate being in the know.

Regards

Jay

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Check when cold that it engages gears without too much resistance. There's a few out there that can be really difficult to get into first, especially when the temperatures are down.

LY 200
Cheers lads, I thought the gearbox may come up.

Gally it's a good little car mate that does the job its supposed to do but if im honest I really can't say I like it as much I have the Clio's (nowhere near) and for that reason i'm struggling to settle.

Plus they are so common. I must see at least 4 or 5 white ZS's on my travels to and from work daily.

RS 200
People sell cars for all kinds of reasons so I wouldn't let that bother you as long as the car is right.

With 3k miles on it the car should be pretty much as new bar a few stone chips but you never know.

I viewed a car at a main dealer (not Renault) a couple of weeks ago. 9 month old car with 178 miles on the clock................and the full nearside (wing, door and quarter had been resprayed !).

With that mileage tyres should be original with minimal wear. You can check for originality by looking for the code on the sidewall of the tyre that starts with "DOT". The last 4 numbers of the code signify week and year the tyre was made.

Check for accident damage, shut lines, dodgy paint, kerbed alloys, etc.

If you are unsure then take someone with you who knows what to look for.

What is the spec and how much is the asking price ?

Nissan 350z
Common problems on the 200 so far:

Gearbox crunch between 3rd / 4th as has been mentioned.
Weather strips between the door and rear quater window prone to splitting.
Water buildup in the recess under the wipers if the drain holes are blocked.
Thud when going over bumps, could be boot lid or exhaust on rear diffuser.

Either way all this will be covered under warranty so dont worry about it :)

LY 200
Cheers Sangara. I know the cars are covered by warranty but I still don't need it to be in and out of a dealership every 5.

Spec is LY, cup chassis, full leather (my only potential issue as I would've prefered Recaros again), guide me home lights and I think that's about it.

Up for 14k at a Merc dealership so im hoping some I roller has bought it and chopped it in as it wasn't for them.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'd hold out for the Recaros mate. I test drove a full leather optioned 200 and was sliding all over the show.

Some of that might be down to my Hobbit dimensions, but I didn't get on with them at all.

Plus, the Recaros are super tasty. :eek:

LY 200
Yeah mate I'm not sold on the leather totally but that's why I'm going to have a look to see for myself as I have never experienced it!

As good as the Recaros are I do alot of miles and remember moaning about them at times in my 197 so leather could be a good alternative.

RS 200
+ Parking sensors and it's got a parrot bluetooth kit fitted too

Seems like a reasonable asking price but always room to manouvre :).

Bit of a way from you, but Renault Banbury has an LY 200 with Recaro's on the forecourt at the moment for 14k.